The gathering place for LU alumni to wax nostalgic about their glory days and tell current students how easy they have it. Old hags & bright-eyed and bushytailed recent grads both welcome.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
We obviously have to have a link from the proboards site to this one and we should keep those archives too, but if you're allowed to post on it won't a lot of stuff go unanswered? I wouldnt want people getting discouraged from participating.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
also, what is that a picture of at the top?
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i thought it was satan
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
I have to agree with the artist formerly known as ishbox--it DOES look like the prince of darkness. Not wild about the toxic waste logo, either.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There will come a point when we might want to lock up The Firehouse forums from new posts. But until this site is completely in order, I would rather keep both open for the time being. Until folks get used to coming to this new site I want to try and monitor both boards.

As for the temporary header atop the board, I warned you guys that the site was still under construction. That's a default header that at least matches our color scheme. I have to admit that I think it might be a cool inkblot test for psychological testing on our board. I admit I still don't see the Satanic imaging but I kind of see a rhino if I squint just right. :D

We'll be adding elements to the board on a regular basis in the coming weeks. I kind of felt rushed to get this site up after the Proboards meltdown last night. Now that I've opened the doors, we might as well make ourselves at home.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i agree with the posters, but give it time. im sure whatever that thing is will be gone as well as the toxic sign. sly will tune it up! just no longhorn junk.!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts

:D
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Great, you guys had to get him started!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
dude, you have 75 posts and it's been like 3 days. How is that possible. Is it because you spend all day with halfdead folks and they don't talk back?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
well, I don't sleep.

and yes- you can't talk w/ a breathing tube down your throat.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Question...

Is there a spell check on here like the old site... If there is, I can't find it and as a spelling hack, would love to have one.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'll see what I can do.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Thanks!

Also, Medic... as of 7:30 you have 25% of all posts on the new site. Impressive.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Impressive is code speak for sad.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Thank you for all your support- I'm just here to serve the people.

*BTW- I'm now a FLARE, making me just the coolest :roll:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I don't see Satan, I see a fire-breathing dragon in some weird anime cartoon that only uses lines and angles.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
its quite obviously a huge, mutated snapping turtle, sneezing out one nostril in a blast of mucus.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
The flames are sweet. Too bad they're radioactive flames. I'll miss the satanic rhino. :cry:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We're still working on things. But we're definitely heading in the right direction.

I'm actually going to miss the red inkblot as well. It was growing on me even if it had nothing to do with the content of our site.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
How about FLAME FANS in red font and white outline? I'm not sure why, but it looks a little blocky... sorry I shouldn't nit-pick... the site looks great.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The most important thing was to get the name of the site up in the title banner. We're working on a permanent logo that will go int he middle that we hope to tie into other things as well in the near future.

This place remains a work in progress. But its beginning to come together.
Future Schedules.... Again

Claimed descendants of Ashkenaz are Shemit[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Though I don't like CAA, Richmond is taking a step[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

It's official Josh Smith has signed. [https://lib[…]

Athens Regional

I don’t know how to take that!