Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Adam Bishop, a photo-editor for the Liberty Champion, was killed this morning at 3AM in a car crash. He was driving on a New York state route when he lost control of his car and hit a tree head on. He was trying to make it home in time to cook breakfast for his mom. Just please be in prayer for his family and friends.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
What a tragedy. Thanks for letting us know and I'll pray the Lord's comfort and peace to all involved.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
Hey ATrain, is he in this photo? My heart aches for what his family must be going through, especially his mom since it's Mother's Day.

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Adam Bishop, a photo-editor for the Liberty Champion, was killed this morning at 3AM in a car crash. He was driving on a New York state route when he lost control of his car and hit a tree head on. He was trying to make it home in time to cook breakfast for his mom. Just please be in prayer for his family and friends.
My condolences to the Bishop family...how did Mrs Huff take it ATrain?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
What a horrific tragedy. Our prayers go out to his family & friends.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yeah Flamesfan...he's the guy in the back on the left edge.

As for Mrs. Huff, I haven't talked to her but I do know she's making plans to attend the funeral.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
This is when LU students show their true colors, If you go to his page on facebook you'll see so many of his friends sharing stories and great moments they had together....I pray for the family b/c nobody should go through this at this stage in life
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Very sorry to hear about that. Praying that everyone uses caution in traveling thru the northeast due to very poor weather conditions and hazardous roads.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
wow! my heart aches for his family. my prayers go out to his family. but we know he is with Jesus!
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
Wow! this is awful. I used to work the Champion. I can't imagine this happening when I was there. It's a close nit group and it will be very tough. My prayers go out to the staff of the paper and to the school and his friends.

Just horrific.
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
I'm starting to cry and don't even know him; can't imagine being his mom getting such news. While he's in a much better place, I don't do well with thinking abt. such things (is it b/c I'm an ol' hag or is it a faith issue?) I'll keep his family in prayer.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
My thoughts go with his family as well... I was told that there was also another person that was riding with him, can you confirm this ATrain you are definitley more close to the situation than I am.. but it's a sad story, he did a lot of the paper and took some great photos.. He will be sorely missed..
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yes...Alex Towers, a photographer. I'm not 100% positive on all details, but what I understand is that he sustained some head injuries but is in stable condition. He called Mrs. Huff yesterday, but I'm not sure if he's still in the hospital or not. Mrs. Huff, however, was hit pretty hard by this news, but she's staying strong.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Ok...it wasn't Alex Towers, my bad.

Here's the story from WSET:

http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0506/328330.html
Lynchburg, VA - A trip home for Mother's Day turned deadly for a Liberty University Student this weekend. 20 year old Adam Bishop died in a car accident in New York. Friends say he was trying to surprise his mother for the holiday.

We talked to Bishop's roommate and best friend Colt Freeman Tuesday. He says Bishop was going on very little sleep. Bishop woke up before dawn on Saturday for a full day's work. By Sunday afternoon, his friends had learned a lesson and lost a friend.

Facebook.com, an online blog of sorts, has become a memorial for Colt Freeman's best friend Adam.

Colt Freeman, Adam's Best Friend Reading Passages - "Adam thank you for the wonderful times and advice you have given me over the past year."

Tuesday, Freeman sat on Adam's bed, still trying to put the weekend back together.

Freeman - "You never know what's going to happen. You never know what day is your time."

Bishop was the Photography Editor for Liberty's newspaper, "the Champion," Freeman was his assistant. So for the two college sophomores, last weekend's graduation was hard work.

Freeman - "About 5:15 that morning we had gotten up 'cause we had to get to the school fairly early and we wanted to grab some food before we got there."

After graduation Bishop came back here to work on another photography project. At around 7:00 that evening he left for New Hampshire to surprise his mom for Mother's Day. It's roughly a 13 hour drive home. He planned only one stop, to drop his friend Scott off in New York. Bishop never made it.

Freeman - "As far as I can figure the accident probably happened about 4 or 5 in the morning so that'd been about the 24 hour mark that he'd been awake."

On a highway in Schenectady County Bishop hit a median and overcorrected, flipping his jeep at least three times according to Freeman.

Freeman - "Scott couldn't see Adam anymore and he was trying to call out to him and didn't hear anything back and he got out of the vehicle and went and found him. He was laying face down away from the vehicle a ways and knew at that point that everything had gone terribly wrong."

His friend Scott walked away from the accident. He was wearing his seatbelt. Bishop wasn't.

Freeman - "Something he had always talked about was saying that if he was going to die in a car wreck, you know, he didn't want to be wearing his seatbelt and get paralyzed and then not have the use of his body. He would rather, you know, actually die."

The funeral for Adam Bishop will be held in Weare, New Hampshire at 10:00 Friday morning.

According to the latest numbers from Virginia State Police, roughly 11 percent of accidents in 2004 were caused by drowsy driving.
Hardest video I've watched in a while...
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
That's terrible to hear.
Athens Regional

Can Escobar fly a 747? Asking for a friend. A[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

ACC dug their own grave with poor leadership. At o[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Finally happened, the ATrain household is no l[…]