Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By saintjohns
According to events that occured in the New Testament, how many times over would Jesus have been expelled from LU due to disciplinary problems?

A. 1.1
B. 3.1
C. 4.0
D. 4.4

The answer when we return.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ok, this thread ranks right up there w/ other posters' unique entrances to the board!
By Brokeback Flamer
Registration Days Posts
saintjohns wrote:According to events that occured in the New Testament, how many times over would Jesus have been expelled from LU due to disciplinary problems?

A. 1.1
B. 3.1
C. 4.0
D. 4.4

The answer when we return.
Well this should be fun

1. Is there a hair length poicy still? I think he might have had that one.
2. I am sure he stayed out after curfew a few times
3. The only time he attended church/synagogue he got thrown out or his folks came and got him
Oh I am not feeling that creative so I will say 4.0! Good grief. My favorite is when they run down what all Paul did, you know, Former Prisoner, homeless etc. that is always thought provoking
By Guest
Turning water into wine may have caused some reps. However, he would have been lauded for His loaves and fishes in lieu of marriott.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
His life movie warranted an R rating...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
starting a fight in church over moneychanging was a good one, too.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
I always liked the fact that he always had compassion on the broken and unclean, and disdain for the religious folk who convoluted his message with their traditions and hangups and always seemed to miss the boat on reaching out to the human needs of the people.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
BTW...open toed sandals might have fetched a few...(although this rule for the dudes may be long gone now)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We're allowed to wear sandals (thank God). Can't use that one anymore.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
To class? That's a good development...ties, collared shirts and "appropriate foot attire" during my student days.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
PeterParker wrote:To class? That's a good development...ties, collared shirts and "appropriate foot attire" during my student days.
When I first came here almost 4 years ago (GOSH-I can't believe its been that long)-it was collared shirts, dress/business casual pants and dress shoes...then it went to where we could where tennis shoes...and its still iffy as to whether or not it'll get more relaxed.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I say let's pop the colla, and wear shorts and sandals!!!!!!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
You better put the effin collar down or I'll cut you.

Shorts and sandals are fine though.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Exactly...NO POPPED COLLARS...put it down or I'll do it for ya and be a hero to many women.
By Guest
I believe the hair rule (while enforcement of rules by RA's is probably at an all-time low, I understand) is still that it must be off the eyebrows, ears, and shirt collar, right? If i'm correct, then approximately 90% or more of popped collars, in touching above the hairline, would be rules infractions, wouldn't they?

Put the collars down!
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Pop them baby!!!! Nothing like a Pink Tommy shirt and a Popped Colla!!!! And on special occasions Pinestripe pants for SJ!!!!!!!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
dude the popped collar thing is so gay....sorry brokeback. i wanted to bust on you GMTM saturday night , but a playa like you should not have to pop-up his collar :D
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Dude the ladies love it!!!! Most of the time they pop it for me
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
yeah im sure brokeback loves it on you!
By Guest
you guys are still ignoring me here. Questions to the board: by strict interpretaiton of the rule, is a popped-collar a violation of the unversity dress code as it pertains to hair?

Better yet, if u shave your head, you can pop your collar...
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Not that I am aware of, I can't imagine that if your hair is below the top of your colla while it is poped that you will get writtern up.
By Guest
Oh, I'm sure by now no one has been, but by strict interpretation of the rule (hair off eyebrows, ears, and COLLAR), it would have to be a violation. Not like anyone cares anymore about hair code anyways. Guys walk around all the time with hair the violates the Liberty Way...

I just thought I'd use that particular interpretation for my benefit in hating popped collars! :lol:
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
popped collar = ghey

Styles are cyclical. I always popped my collar when I was 5 in 1987. I'm sure in a few years you guys will be talking about how cool acid washed jeans are and they're even cooler if they have an elastic waist so you dont need a belt. Girls will think that they should be wearing shoulder pads in their dresses and the more feathered your hair is, the better. You might as well buy this stuff now so you can get in on the ground level and dont look like a poser.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
parachute pants.

Member's Only jackets.

don't get me started- we have an old hag thread for this
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL