Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Guys, pray for me as I'm going on a missions trip with a church here in Lynchburg (Hyland Heights Baptist) to Casa Grande, AZ. We depart for Raleigh at 4 PM on Friday and staying overnight. Flight leaves for Phoenix at 7AM, and its my first plane trip ever...so just pray for safe travel and for God to just do His bidding through us...
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
Be sure and let us know how it goes. Blessings to you all.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Take care and watch out for snakes, scorpions and Phil Mickelson
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Well I'm back and the trip was AWESOME. What we mainly did was work with a couple churches doing indoor construction things such as tearing out carpet, installing insulation, painting, etc. etc. etc...as well as moving some furniture for older, retired church members who were donating to the youth yard sale. We also did church services, and helped babysit children while the parents went out for door-to-door witnessing (along with some of our team members). The babysiiting part was interesting...my best friend on the trip and I played Sorry with two 12 years olds...basically he and the 12 year olds had at least 2 of their men home and the rest on the board, while I kept getting bumped back to start with 4 men in...then my luck changed and I started bumping everyone trying to get their last man in until I won...took almost 2 hours to do it too.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I admit I wasn't expecting a play-by-play of a Sorry game when I asked for a report on your trip. But thanks anyway.

Where were you in Arizona?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
We were in Casa Grande, about an hour or so south/southeast of Phoenix. Oh yeah, I left out the Grand Canyon...let me just say that its humungous (sp?). I was very impressed, and I saw a National Park Service sign at that tower designed and built by a female architect that said "The landscape almost seems conciously designed..."-unfortunately other signage alluded to the millions of years and evolutionary thought. Tis a shame that something of that magnitude which literally screams that God is real is being perverted by evolution. Its heartbreaking, really :cry:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
what color were you in Sorry? thats what we all really want to know.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I was blue...but I wanted to be red...red's my favorite color (and any school that I go to...red must be one of the colors, thats why I turned down W&M :P jk).
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
oh

great

thanks
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL