Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
As a tribute to a man who influenced the lives of millions, I think it would be appropriate to start a thread where everyone can send condolences to the family and bring up stories of how Dr. Falwell had an impact in our lives.
Last edited by Sly Fox on October 12th, 2007, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
My deepest sympathy to family, friends, fellow faculty, and staff. Perhaps a fitting triubute would be to rename the Campus North building Falwell Hall.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
im in shock and my heart aches. a great christian has passed away. his legacy will live on!
By belcherboy
Registration Days Posts
He was a champion and a great inspiration to me!! I am deeply sad to see this giant fall, but am happy that he has finally met the master he so diligently served on this earth. God bless what Jerry has done here on earth. His influence will far last his short time on earth.

(my graduation picture with him)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I have had the distinct privilege of having my picture taken with Dr Falwell. I am praying for his family and I pray that the school does not lose the vision he had for it.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
A Mentor, a friend, a leader and an example in my life. I am truly going to miss him as a person. Very genuine and loving man. I truly am honored to have been in his presence for so many years. :cry:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
The largest Sequoia tree in God's forest has just fallen. I am beside myself with thoughts and feelings of grief. Have a big high-level customer meeting that starts at 2:00, I don't know how I will get through it. Prayers foir the family and the ministries of TRBC. A truly sad day in the history of the church. Maybe God just wanted to see him up close and personal, we were privliged to have hom for 70+ years.
By drdoctormd
Registration Days Posts
My condolences to the entire LU family. I have/had a lot of respect for Dr. Falwell and Liberty U. I actually had the opportunity to meet him in the pressbox during a game several years back and he was very gracious. He'll be missed among the entire Big South community as well.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He's had a big impact on my family for close to half a century and me personally for a quarter century. He was a man of God and great vision. He was willing to be the lightning rod for His cause no matter how much it villified him in American society. His presence will be missed in some many circles it is tough to quantify.

My condolences go out to the entire Falwell family. But as he always pointed out to us when others went on to glory before him, it should also be a time of celebration as he is now in the presence of the Almighty.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I met Dr. Falwell as a student through the music and drama ministries I was involved in. This was over 30 years ago. I live in Lynchburg, but do not attend TRBC, and only occasionally run into him at a ball game or in town. It never ceased to amaze me that he immediatly recognized me and remembered my name. You can call it a photographic memory, and there is no doubt truth in that, but I think it has just as much to do with the caring heart of a pastor.

I can't find words to express the feeling of loss I have right now. Where is the icon for "sobbing uncontrollably"?
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I am just speechless right now. I truly love that man. I know he is in a better place. I guess it was just his time. May his family be comforted now. My heart is broken.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
By bucksweepjax
Registration Days Posts
One thing I will always admire about Dr. Falwell: Not one time that I can recall was any scandal linked to his name. I was in school during the whole PTL/Bakker/Swaggert era and those were not easy times for ministry's. Yet there was Dr. Falwell, standing like an oak.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
You know, I've gone to all of these other message boards (AGS, CAAzone, etc) to see what is being said, and I just can't get one picture out of my mind.

The first encounter I ever had with Jerry was the hockey game when we dedicated it to the LaHaye's. We were standing on the balcony behind the goal and over Jerry's "box." During the second intermission, he came out and was taking pictures with the ref's, with the LaHaye's, etc. We, of course, started the Jerry chant and all of that. He looks at us and tells us to jump down off of the balcony and get in the picture.

That was Jerry.

I guess God just blew his train horn and told Jerry it was time to come home.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Apparently there is a service right now at TRBC.
By Fumblerooskies
Registration Days Posts
Ron Godwin press conference on nationally right now.
By Ronni
Registration Days Posts
What an honor and privilege it was to be under his ministry during my college years! My heart aches at the loss, but what rejoicing there must be in Heaven! I had the privilege to meet Dr. Falwell in person several times during my college career, and met him again at a convention in Las Vegas several years after I graduated. He recognized me as a former student, and I was amazed at that. How many hundreds of thousands of lives have been influenced by this great man of God. My prayers go to his family.
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
He's been a great example and hero of mine and a mentor to my father and I'm sure pastor's everywhere.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
he was awesome....i don't know what more to say....but hes up there putting lu banners on his mansion as we speak...
By tmh8286
Registration Days
Sincere condolences from an ORU fan. I was shocked and saddened to hear about Dr. Falwell's passing. He was a great example for all Christians, and he will be missed by many. Paul tells us that to be absent from the body is to be present with Christ, but we will miss his guidance and leadership.

Please know we are praying for the Liberty community in Oklahoma.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
You know he's got the angels playing Fan The Flames and he's walking around waving the LU flag. Putting banners on mansions is probably the best analogy yet.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Today and until the funeral ff.com to me means Falwell Fans.com. I don't know if we can do it or not but a nice cyberspace tribute would be to play with the logo a bit to make it say Falwell instead of flames. Maybe wishful thinking....I can't believe how sad this is making me. I was at TRBC 2 weeks ago and Jerry was talking about his daughter showing him how to eat and exercise so he could live another 15 years....I was hoping he would get to 100 myself. Much love for the good Doctor.
By mrich
Registration Days Posts
Wow, I thought he would live forever. How can we begin to remember his accomplishments adaquetely. The thing that I admire the most is his drive to impact the Kingdom of God with every ounce of effort that he had.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Ed Dobson is on Fox News Channel right now by phone.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Scorcho, the front page looks great.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]