Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
He is definitely waving the banner of LU, we need to all pick up our banner and carry it for him. I will pick up mine.

I love you Jerry!
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
The front page does look great, it is my background. I can't stop grieving. I am very upset right now. It's hard. I don't want to be at work, my heart is in Lynchburg.
By BLee
Registration Days
I had the privilege to attend LU for one year. My father, Tim Lee, has served on the LU board of trustees for many years. I am in shock! Dr. Falwell was a hero, a friend and a true champion for Christ. I am at a loss for words right now. My prayers are with the family.
Last edited by BLee on May 16th, 2007, 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
There are several facebook groups starting and believe it or not there are some idiots creating groups that are negative. People are so stupid sometimes it just makes you angry and sad at the same time.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I never thought this day would come so soon. He wanted to see us compete at 1-A in football, Rocco & co. must do that for him now. I'm so glad we had his number retired last year.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The original plan was for us to compete in I-A football this year. I wish he could've been there for it.
By Realist
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:He is definitely waving the banner of LU, we need to all pick up our banner and carry it for him. I will pick up mine.

I love you Jerry!

My condolences. Whether you agreed with everything he said or not, he certainly was a man of conviction and accomplished great things in his life. To singlehandedly create a university of thousands of people speaks to the will and dedication of the man, to which a few may equal, but none will exceed.

This has been a tough week for the Big South. If any are interested, DeAndre Adams father is reading emails sent to him to DeAndre, who can hear, but not respond right now.
By hockeyleafs24
Registration Days
It's a sad day here in Canada :cry:

I loved my time at Liberty from 1992-1995. Dr. Falwell was always around campus and always had time for his kids at LU. His life and influence while at Liberty has shaped the way I live my life today. Dr. Falwell loved to talk to us Canucks especially when we wore our Blue Jays caps proudly in 92-93.....I remember fondly shaking his hand on numerous occasions and especially when I graduated. Last time I saw him in person was at the HSBC arena in Buffalo for March madness where he came over to chat. Dr. Falwell you will be missed by many. My thoughts and prayers are with the Falwell family at this time.
By jvegas14
Registration Days Posts
Outside of my own father, there's never been another man I loved and cared for as a father figure more than Jerry Falwell.

"Doc" often said the reason he liked me so much is that we were so much alike. I never knew whether he meant that as a compliment or because he enjoyed getting into mischief so much :-)

My heart grieves today and probably will for a while. He was my friend and I will miss him greatly.

My prayers are with you, Macel, Jerry Jr., Jeannie and Jonathan. Also with all of your extended family.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
A very tough time. I'm holding down an office here next to the mantion and it's booming with people.

A tremendously sad day here on Liberty mountain. I personally am thankful for the ministry that I've been able to sit under with Dr. Falwell at the helm during my time here at the university. If any man deserved rest more than Dr. Falwell, I've never seen them. Finally, he will get a chance to recieve that rest and be in the presence of Christ. A very sad day for us but to think he's being welcomed home is a very warming thought. Rest in peace, Dr. Jerry Falwell, you certainly have earned your rest.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:A very tough time. I'm holding down an office here next to the mantion and it's booming with people.

A tremendously sad day here on Liberty mountain. I personally am thankful for the ministry that I've been able to sit under with Dr. Falwell at the helm during my time here at the university. If any man deserved rest more than Dr. Falwell, I've never seen them. Finally, he will get a chance to recieve that rest and be in the presence of Christ. A very sad day for us but to think he's being welcomed home is a very warming thought. Rest in peace, Dr. Jerry Falwell, you certainly have earned your rest.
That was very well said
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
I just found out about Dr. Falwell and I am extremely saddened by our loss. My thoughts and prayers go to his family. Dr. Falwell's life is a testamony to what you can do for the kingdom when you fix your eyes on God, take a stand for the Lord and stay the course. Dr. Falwell was a man of God who was used by the Lord to touch millions of lives. He'll still be watching - just now from the best seat in the house.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i really cannot focus on my work today, and im still in shock. i can honestly say dr. falwell and TRBC helped me get back into going to church over a year ago after being far away from God. the last time i sopke to doc was at the spring game in the new suite and he glowed at how the football team was on it's way to greater things! now he can watch in heaven waving the LU flag and cheer on the flames to a great year. my sincere prayers to the entire falwell family. as tough is it is for us, i cannot imagine how hard it is for them. Thank you Dr. Falwell for the impact you made on my life!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I know it's not something that's the best thing to think about, but what does this do about finals and school for the rest of the week? There are a ton of people who won't be in the right frame of mind to study for the next two days. I know I only have one exam left, and it's theology so it won't be bad, but there are teachers and students who quite frankly have more to think about than a test. I've been trying to do an appraisal for an hour and just can't seem to get it started. Maybe this topic is for a different thread, and if so, please feel free to start it.

If you're on Facebook, go click on your friends list and look at all of the updated profiles where people have put pictures of themselves with Jerry up. It's a pretty nice tribute. I never was able to get one with him.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
SCAR wrote:There are several facebook groups starting and believe it or not there are some idiots creating groups that are negative. People are so stupid sometimes it just makes you angry and sad at the same time.
SCAR:

I agree with you. It's easy to get angered by the idiots - but those are just the people I hope one day I can reach through Christ in my own personal minisitry. Dr. Falwell could always go to the Word to defend a point. People who misunderstood him didn't know the Word. The "haters" are the ones that we should really love on right now - even though in the flesh you want to beat them into the middle of next week.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Let's keep this thread strictly as a memorial to Dr. Falwell.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
thanks TD...start another thread if you wish on other things, but im sure the university officials are working on things now. this thread is in rememberance for the Doc.
By clevelandmike
Registration Days Posts
I did not know Dr. Falwell. I did not attend Liberty.

But, I am sad for his family and his friends this date. Even though Dr. Falwell has gone onto his eternal reward.

Rest in peace.
By kel varson
Registration Days Posts
HarrisburgFlame wrote:
SCAR wrote:There are several facebook groups starting and believe it or not there are some idiots creating groups that are negative. People are so stupid sometimes it just makes you angry and sad at the same time.
SCAR:

I agree with you. It's easy to get angered by the idiots - but those are just the people I hope one day I can reach through Christ in my own personal minisitry. Dr. Falwell could always go to the Word to defend a point. People who misunderstood him didn't know the Word. The "haters" are the ones that we should really love on right now - even though in the flesh you want to beat them into the middle of next week.
We shouldn't be in shock, after all Christians are always hated. It scares me when well known Christians are liked by everyone. We should expect nothing less. Falwell spoke the truth. Today people hate the truth, and they hate the Bible. Why would people who are not following Christ love the man. There is no reason to think they would.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
If you examine what Dr. Falwell, by the grace of God, accomplished in his time here, I don't think you'll find any
that have accomplished more since the days of the apostles. We might have to grant an exception for some of the reformers, but look what stands in Lynchburg as the result of his faith, vision, dedication, positive outlook, personality, and hard work. Every time I am on campus I marvel - and that's a tribute to how God has used Jerry Falwell.
By Innocent Bystander
Registration Days Posts
Wow...I am terribly saddened by the loss of Dr. Falwell. Someone earlier mentioned that with all the scandals that have been overtaken many, Falwell stood like an oak. I never had the opportunity to meet the man and know him only through interviews I have seen with him over the years, but he always came across as a man of great faith and great love for his fellow man and he did so much to bring the gospel of Christ to so many. He will be very missed. My prayers go out to his family, friends and loved ones and to the entire Liberty community.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i don't think i can say that i agreed with everything the man ever had to say....but i'd just say watch the flamewars that you'll see on other forums...i'm part of 3 other forums and they already started in on him....its sad but i'd just suggest avoiding those threads all together....
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
It's not really about whether you believed in what Dr. Falwell believed in or the things he said, the fact remains that a pastor, a father, a grandfather, a mentor, a leader, etc. the list could literally go on for days. The man took a stand for what he believed in and never wavered. Even if believe the complete opposite of everything he stood for, you have to respect his passion and drive to do the things he did.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I'm having a hard time finding the words to express exactly how sad and upsetting this is for me. No matter what people may think of him, they can never argue his impact on his community, his nation and this world. He changed the course of America, and through Liberty University he will continue to do so for a long time to come. His character and his stance has never wavered, and in this day and age, that's a rare thing. I hope to take his example and run with it for the rest of my life. It was a pleasure to meet him the few times that I did.

Futhermore, my wife has had the pleasure of working just outside of his office door for a few years now. He's been a grandfather away from home for her, and he always loved her little bit of attitude. She would laugh at things he would say when other people were too uptight around him to laugh, and he always let her know that he liked that. He had that firecracker spirit and he loved seeing it in others. He is, by far, the best boss my wife will ever have had and she's absolutely devastated right now. For anyone who's ever had anything bad to say, my wife can tell you that all you needed was to interact with him on a regular basis to know where his heart really was.

He was a giant for God and a willing pastor for a nation that certainly needed him. I'm happy to be a part of Liberty University and am honored to work to carry on his legacy.
Last edited by El Scorcho on May 15th, 2007, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sqirral
Registration Days Posts
WOW! I just heard the news and too am in total shock! I just thought this man's day would NEVER come...I just knew he would live on forever. It's hard not to question, "why?" but as we know it all works together for good. Among many things, his voice in conservative, Christian politics will be missed. I am thankfu for all he has done - especially for Liberty - it was the best 10 years of my life and I am so thankful for the Christian education, professors, and friends I experienced. I will be forever greatful! May the legacy live on...and as the other writer said, "let's all pick up the flag and carry it on!"

As soon as anyone knows the memorial details, please post them...I'd like to make the trip...but it will take some advance planning from Michigan with a toddler in tow. Thanks!

Enjoy Heaven, Dr. Falwell!!
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]