Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Keep Sly in your prayers. His wife posted online, "my husband is in recovery after a heart attack this morning. So many miracles by the timing of the kids calling 9-11 as I sped home in shock to meet the ambulance and the medics arriving in record time and then the doctors knowing to rush him immediately into surgery! It’s all a blur. I am giving honor and all glory to the Lord in this because he allowed an amazing medical staff at HCA Conroe hospital to perform the miracles. The doctor confirmed it was a 100% blockage so stint was necessary and timed out perfectly! Thankful for the many family and friends who reached out knowing I’m a bit slow to post. Love you all and we covet more prayers for Randy to fully recover."
jmclaughlin liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
And this was Sly's response to his wife's post:

God has blessed me once again far beyond what I deserve. Huge thanks to my amazing family who kept it together in order to get me the help I needed! Praise God!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, everyone. Believe it or not Ibwas perusing this forum when suddenly I started feeling lousy. As I realized this was a serious medical event, my family sprung into action and helped get me into an ambulance in about 5 minutes from when my symptoms appeared. I never had the piercing pain that most associate with a heart attack.

If you feel something is not right with your body, call 911 immediately. It saved my life. I had 100% blockage on one of my primary arteries. Supposedly it is the one called the Widowmaker. The technology today to get into my heart via my wrist is phenomenal. The cleaned it out completely and out in a stent. There is never a convenient time for this experience but my Mom was visiting from Ohio. So she was able to be part of it all instead of fretting a thousand miles away.

Thank you all for your prayers. Mrs Sky & I have been overwhelmed. After we both lost our afathers to COVID-induced heart attacks, this has sent a chill through our entire family.
tyndal23, flamehunter, Cider Jim and 6 others liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 18th, 2023, 10:46 pm Thanks, everyone. Believe it or not Ibwas perusing this forum when suddenly I started feeling lousy.
Ok Sly - we need to know - whose post were you reading when this happened? :lol:

Seriously though, as a veteran of 4 stents, I would advise to de-stress your life as much as possible. I am convinced that stressing small stuff was largely responsible for my problems (along with years of lousy diet choices and heredity). I am thankful God has allowed me to still be around and am still learning to not sweat the small stuff and take advantage of every day He gives me.
thesportscritic liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
HaHa I am not calling out any posts.

I was just moved a regular room and the plan is to be released tomorrow morning if all goes well. The idea that I could be home 48 hours after a major heart attack is insane.

I was awake and talking to the surgeon as he pushed the robotic device up through the artery in my arm and then into my heart. No anesthesia and I felt everything. It was crazy and the only pain I noticed was when he was pulling the blockage out.

Timing is everything. The cardiologist said if it would have taken 5-10 more minutes it would have been fatal. God worked out all the details so the procedure began less than 5 minutes after arrival. Medical technology is amazing!
Cider Jim, flamehunter, Baybird and 5 others liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 21st, 2023, 12:11 pm I am still stuck in the hospital for things not apparently related to my heart.
Sly, how is the hospital food? And has Mrs. Sly declared that she is going to change your diet now?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly, thanks for your update. We will now pray even harder for your recovery!
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betw[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]