Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Baybird
Sly Fox wrote: July 24th, 2023, 4:07 pm Full disclosure, an infection has been ravaging my heart-weakened body for nearly a week. Suffice it to say now more than ever I could use you urgent prayers.
May God's healing grace surround you, bringing comfort and relief from any discomfort (both physically and emotionally) you may be experiencing. I pray that our Father's divine touch will restore your health and strengthen your body as you navigate through this period of recovery. Praying for your family as they walk through this valley with you.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sly FoThat's terrific news.x wrote: July 26th, 2023, 10:55 am Guys, the prayers have been massively important in my recovery. My new target date for release is Friday. I am seriously ready to escape.

The lungs are steadily improving. If I can get off the O2 by Friday, I can get back with my family. All God's children said, Amen!
That's good news! Continuing to pray for your healing.

Curiosity question - Do you think there's any link between your current health issues and Covid?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Wrapping up this thread, I am back home and steadily improving. I do not want to take for granted one split second the second opportunity that God has given me in my lifHe appoints the days and we have no day in that number. But I recognize God has more in store for me and my family. I do not take that lightly.

Thank you to all of you who prayed for me and my family the past few weeks. It mattered!

I am easing back into work this week on a limited basis. My oldest daughter was interning for our firm this summer and is able to come alongside me to physically support me serving clients here in the Houston area until she heads back to Texas A&M the next few weeks. That is a blessing God knew that I would need long before I had any idea.

+++++

Do not skip your annual physicals. Period. Pay it in cash if you have substandard insurance. Do what ever it takes to make sure you are not carrying around a ticking time bomb that could alter not only your life but your entire family as well.

If you ever experienced severe COVID symptoms, make getting a FULL physical on your heart and lungs a priority. The doctors believe the massive damage to my heart and lungs experienced from the earliest strain of COVID back in 2020 is what made my body weak and vulnerable to heart disease and respiratory infection. I was under the false impression that since I had survived 3.5 weeks of intense COVID that I was somehow stronger moving forward. That was foolish. I now know how to better strengthen my body for the journey ahead.
LU 57, TH Spangler, Cider Jim and 3 others liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]