Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hey gang, I know I haven't been posting in the last few months, but I thought I'd drop an update on what has been going on.

I actually have been living out of my car for the most part for the last couple of years after a falling out with my family (not going to share that story here, if you want to know about that drop me a DM on Facebook or something). I have been working on bettering myself, especially after being diagnosed with high-functioning autism last spring. I held a job at the Norfolk Marriott last summer but things didn't work out with that and I was back on the unemployment line. After spending the winter in a hotel thanks to the city of Chesapeake, I moved out after funding ran out for that program. On the plus side though, I was offered and accepted a seasonal position at Ocean Breeze Waterpark in Virginia Beach (I get a couple of free passes a week if anyone wants to bring their family down and keep cool this summer), and Ill be looking for more permanent work while I'm at it. I found an awesome new church home at Liberty Live Greenbrier (where the campus pastor is former Flames goalie Dalton Stoltz) and hopefully I can get plugged in there this summer.

For those of you who have been praying for me, I sincerely appreciate it as I have grown quite a bit in what has been a very challenging season of life for me. Hopefully things are finally on the up and up and I cen get back on my feet.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am glad to hear things are turning a corner for you. We've been here for years and you know we still love you.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks guys. As a side note, I do have a GoFundMe set up that has been a saving grace for me while I live in my car:

https://gofund.me/57b42e60
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well gang, here's the latest

I got a job for the summer at Ocean Breeze in Virginia Beach and that is going well, but my car broke down a few weeks ago so I moved into an extended stay for the time being...and a couple weeks ago I crashed my knee scooter on the way into work and fractured my kneecap so imin a brace for the next couple weeks while I go see an orthopedist.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Don’t Drink and Scooter! :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]