Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hey gang, I know I haven't been posting in the last few months, but I thought I'd drop an update on what has been going on.

I actually have been living out of my car for the most part for the last couple of years after a falling out with my family (not going to share that story here, if you want to know about that drop me a DM on Facebook or something). I have been working on bettering myself, especially after being diagnosed with high-functioning autism last spring. I held a job at the Norfolk Marriott last summer but things didn't work out with that and I was back on the unemployment line. After spending the winter in a hotel thanks to the city of Chesapeake, I moved out after funding ran out for that program. On the plus side though, I was offered and accepted a seasonal position at Ocean Breeze Waterpark in Virginia Beach (I get a couple of free passes a week if anyone wants to bring their family down and keep cool this summer), and Ill be looking for more permanent work while I'm at it. I found an awesome new church home at Liberty Live Greenbrier (where the campus pastor is former Flames goalie Dalton Stoltz) and hopefully I can get plugged in there this summer.

For those of you who have been praying for me, I sincerely appreciate it as I have grown quite a bit in what has been a very challenging season of life for me. Hopefully things are finally on the up and up and I cen get back on my feet.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am glad to hear things are turning a corner for you. We've been here for years and you know we still love you.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks guys. As a side note, I do have a GoFundMe set up that has been a saving grace for me while I live in my car:

https://gofund.me/57b42e60
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well gang, here's the latest

I got a job for the summer at Ocean Breeze in Virginia Beach and that is going well, but my car broke down a few weeks ago so I moved into an extended stay for the time being...and a couple weeks ago I crashed my knee scooter on the way into work and fractured my kneecap so imin a brace for the next couple weeks while I go see an orthopedist.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Don’t Drink and Scooter! :lol:
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]