Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
No, the final straw happened this morning. Saturday night I had to park in the same place as earlier last week. I didn't go anywhere yesterday. When I got to my car this morning, the glove box was open and my registration booklet was on the floorboard of my car and the casing around my cd player was loose. Luckily the cd player and cd's were still there but apparently someone decided to go through my car again.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I don't even know if it's worth reporting. They didn't do anything the first time.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
with a similar story, I had my truck unlocked outside of my townhouse last year and I had left an empty xbox360 box in there I came outside the next morning and found the packaging all over the place and the front seat pulled forward. Now I was lucky and they didn't take anything but man oh man, I was so enraged. It's so violating to know somebody was going through your stuff. I felt like putting something noticable in my truck, waiting in the bushes all night and then beating them on the head with my Maglight. Since this is a repeat offense, I think you should do something similar. Just remember that "man traps" are illegal so it can't be automated. You've got to do the beating yourself.

I hate lowlife theives so much. They easily top my list of people whose legs I'd like to break, with the folks who scrape your car in the parking lot and dont leave a note, taking a close second.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I just wish there was something I could do. The police didn't care at all.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I have the feeling maybe you just haven't talked to the right officer yet. Work your way up the food chain. It's worth it, especially if someone isn't caring when they should.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
call some news station or something, they love busting on cops...i don't know, just an idea
By nickrichard
Registration Days Posts
SJ
Did all this happen on campus or at your apartment? If it was on campus, chances are a LU student has it. Is there anyway to track the use of the computer through the network? I have no idea about these things, but was wondering if it was possible?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm about 99% sure it happened at my apartment after yesterday. I don't have the MAC number or there was a possibility we could've tracked it.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
I hope (and pray) that the last straw really was the last straw this time. My wife's car was ripped off in the driveway one time, and a car was stolen out of our church parking lot one night during the service.... but this is Los Angeles... not the Bible Belt East. I'm for laying in wait and beating someone's lack of brains out.
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Just read my own post and realized it was time to re-focus - back to praying that you'll get your stuff back.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
I'm with you grm on the waiting in the bushes (you too Luconn). Someone tried to steal my SUV last summer (05) when I was staying in a hotel while working on a different contract in Richmond. They went through all the papers in my glove box, got my pay check (I put a stop on it), and my coin box which had about $15 worth of change in it. They tried to take the vehicle itself as they broke the steering column and the ignition key slot. Ultimately this nearly led to my untimely death this past June. Let me briefly explain. Because the key slot was broken, we couldn't put the vehicle in neutral to tow it. They had to drag it from the spot which clearly threw off my rear suspension. Even after they worked on it, the Trailblazer never drove the same and that fateful night in the rainstorm in June, it was the rear the went into a tailspin which caused me to roll several times. I am lucky to be alive. I would love to have come out when the guy was in my SUV. :twisted:
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
SJ, my prayers are with you man!
By grm
Registration Days Posts
Yup - now I'm back on "laying in wait." And glad you are still on this of Heaven, SCAR! (I'm still praying for the bookbag.)
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]