Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I want to take a moment and thank so many of you for praying for my father this past week. He now is in the presence of the Lord he served with such dedication his entire life. It does seem appropriate that he was called home after his brave battle with COVID on a Sunday after 52+ years of service as a pastor.

Let me add that he considered himself an adopted Liberty fan. When his alma mater Tennessee Temple went aay he considered Liberty the modern extension of Dr. Roberson's vision. So he and I would talk Flames football and basketball on a regular basis. He was enthusiastic about the prospects of Malik and the Flames for this upcoming season.

The final conncection is that his dad passed away in Lynchburg in a few years ago. My grandfather was a longtime personal friend of Dr. Falwell & Dr. Towns. He brother remains an LU Online prof after serving on campus for years.
LU 57 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I am really sorry to hear that Sly. Prayers for you and your family during this time. You know you have an army of people praying for you all.
Sly Fox liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Sorry, Sly, my heart breaks for you. I appreciate you updating us even though you don’t have to. Take care of yourself and your fam, I’ll be praying for you all.
Sly Fox liked this
By Baybird
So sorry for your loss Sly and trust that God's grace will be experienced by all your family. I know several members of your family and appreciate their testimony for the Lord. Your grandfather preached in our church just after his 90th birthday. Continued prayers for you all as you go through these next days.
Sly Fox liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If any of you are FB friends with Emily Heady, she wrote an amazing tribute to Dad yesterday.

Honestly pastors rarely recognie the impact they have on so many people while they are living. We have had people from all seven of his pastorates over 52 years reaching out to us:

• Punta Gorda, FL
  • Muskegon, MI
  • Wheelersburg, OH
  • Quincy, IL
  • Ingleside, TX
  • Rootstown, OH
  • League City, TX

And thank you Baybird for referencing my grandfather. We lost him just 5 years ago. I am exceptionally proud of these men and the legacy that they have left us.
tyndal23 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your Dad and I had many long conversations on Facebook over the years about everything from Tenn. Temple to WV to even AMC Gremlins. I loved him like a godly older brother.
Sly Fox liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He was a big fan of you as well, Jim. Up until his final days, he was still willing to fight anyone who would dare suggest that the Gremlin was anything short of the finest automobile of the Late 20th century. He was the scourge of the Ohio River Valley highways back in the '70s behind the wheel of his AMCs.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]