Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't listened to today's episode yet but have listened to all of the others. I remember in the early 2000's thinking Mars Hill was it. He was edgy and said things from the pulpit I wasn't used to. Then it just fell apart and it has been fascinating to listen to it all but like you said disturbing too. I also feel silly for being so into Mars Hill. Another young and naive moment from me in the early 2000s.

I have found a lot of the modern church history stuff pretty fascinating. The podcast has been really well done.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
A few years ago I was in the process of writing a manuscript on crisis coms in churches. I reached out to several of the folks in Mars Hill as the Driscoll crisis was unfolding hoping to use it as a case study. The fear in their responses to me were reminiscent of former cult members I used to interview. Everyone would tell me to keep digging but refused to say anything else. Sadly I eventually set that manuscript aside for more pressing corporate work. Perhaps I will pick it back up again.

I haven't caught up on the episodes but it is on my agenda.
By Jonathan Carone
Their former comms director - who I am admittedly not a fan of at all - has made quite the name for himself in the church comms world of the back of how badly they handled all that.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I finished off the series and there are penty fo reasons hy folks on this board would find it compelling. They actually handled the series fairly well as a whole. The constant reformed references by the host was a bit annoying but otherwise I belueve they handled the subject matter very well.

They recently dropped an extra episode on Josh Harris that I suspect many on this board might find worth a listen based on being in the purity culture movement back in the day.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]