Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't listened to today's episode yet but have listened to all of the others. I remember in the early 2000's thinking Mars Hill was it. He was edgy and said things from the pulpit I wasn't used to. Then it just fell apart and it has been fascinating to listen to it all but like you said disturbing too. I also feel silly for being so into Mars Hill. Another young and naive moment from me in the early 2000s.

I have found a lot of the modern church history stuff pretty fascinating. The podcast has been really well done.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
A few years ago I was in the process of writing a manuscript on crisis coms in churches. I reached out to several of the folks in Mars Hill as the Driscoll crisis was unfolding hoping to use it as a case study. The fear in their responses to me were reminiscent of former cult members I used to interview. Everyone would tell me to keep digging but refused to say anything else. Sadly I eventually set that manuscript aside for more pressing corporate work. Perhaps I will pick it back up again.

I haven't caught up on the episodes but it is on my agenda.
By Jonathan Carone
Their former comms director - who I am admittedly not a fan of at all - has made quite the name for himself in the church comms world of the back of how badly they handled all that.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I finished off the series and there are penty fo reasons hy folks on this board would find it compelling. They actually handled the series fairly well as a whole. The constant reformed references by the host was a bit annoying but otherwise I belueve they handled the subject matter very well.

They recently dropped an extra episode on Josh Harris that I suspect many on this board might find worth a listen based on being in the purity culture movement back in the day.
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?!

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: