Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LU 57
Not sure how many are familiar with Andrew Klavan from the Daily Wire. Really smart guy. His podcasts are very thought provoking. Found this segment to be particularly interesting. I certainly do not agree with everything, particularly how he seems to downplay a literal interpretation of certain scriptures, but I enjoy listening to him and thought it would be interesting to hear your perspectives.

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I believe someone should start a new message board and call it The Brown $hit Storm. That way, the half of the people here, who are hypocrites and believe everything political (except for their views), should be shunned by LU, have a place to go to spread their fertilizer. And the other half, who correctly realize that politics cannot be separated from any part of our lives, will have a sandbox to play in.
We should make sure it is racially diversified, woke, inclusive, conservative, liberal, millennial absorbed, etc. That way the rest of us can enjoy talking about sports, without having to wade through all of this :BS . Just think of all the money you could make. The conservatives can keep all the profit and maybe start other message boards, hire people, etc. and the woke liberals can donate all of the profits to the guvmint, like good little sheep.
50% the topics here are now about something other than sports and 100% boring.
8) 8)
Chippy liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: June 20th, 2021, 1:30 pm I believe someone should start a new message board and call it The Brown $hit Storm. That way, the half of the people here, who are hypocrites and believe everything political (except for their views), should be shunned by LU, have a place to go to spread their fertilizer. And the other half, who correctly realize that politics cannot be separated from any part of our lives, will have a sandbox to play in.
We should make sure it is racially diversified, woke, inclusive, conservative, liberal, millennial absorbed, etc. That way the rest of us can enjoy talking about sports, without having to wade through all of this :BS . Just think of all the money you could make. The conservatives can keep all the profit and maybe start other message boards, hire people, etc. and the woke liberals can donate all of the profits to the guvmint, like good little sheep.
8) 8)
Did you watch the video shared and this was your response or did you just have a rant built up that you needed to get out? Either way. I hope you feel better.

It's the dead time before football season gets started. It'll be ok. I promise.
By LU 57
I am totally confused. Klavan is very far from woke or liberal. He works for the Daily Wire, the same Daily Wire started by Ben Shapiro.

And you guys would be the first to accuse me of being liberal or woke 🤣🤣. I was in Young Republicans when I was 16.

Oh well, lesson learned.
thepostman liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: June 20th, 2021, 3:17 pm I am totally confused. Klavan is very far from woke or liberal. He works for the Daily Wire, the same Daily Wire started by Ben Shapiro.

And you guys would be the first to accuse me of being liberal or woke 🤣🤣. I was in Young Republicans when I was 16.

Oh well, lesson learned.
No, no I liked just about everything he said (Klavan ) I've been telling friends for a while liberalism is regressive not progressive.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 20th, 2021, 2:56 pm
flameshaw wrote: June 20th, 2021, 1:30 pm I believe someone should start a new message board and call it The Brown $hit Storm. That way, the half of the people here, who are hypocrites and believe everything political (except for their views), should be shunned by LU, have a place to go to spread their fertilizer. And the other half, who correctly realize that politics cannot be separated from any part of our lives, will have a sandbox to play in.
8) 8)
Did you watch the video shared and this was your response or did you just have a rant built up that you needed to get out? Either way. I hope you feel better.

It's the dead time before football season gets started. It'll be ok. I promise.
No I didn't watch the video, nor have I responded to/or read 99% of the political post on this entire bored.
First of all, no one cares what the 30 or so regular posters on this bored, think about anything political. Some just use it to tick and moan about the school they attended or graduated from. (probably because they still owe on their student loans, they don't think they should have to re-pay). Some just try to use it for the shock value they think they create for ego or click bait reasons. Some have serious TDS, that is a terminal disease.
I realize, it is the dead period before football season, but this has been cascading in this direction for a year or more.
Finally, I did just want to vent, it made me feel a bit better. But my feelings are about as valuable as these political posts. I would just like to see us focus on sports. That is why this bored was originally created. 8) 8)
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: June 20th, 2021, 3:17 pm I am totally confused. Klavan is very far from woke or liberal. He works for the Daily Wire, the same Daily Wire started by Ben Shapiro.

Oh well, lesson learned.
(Taking for granted you were addressing me, forgive me if I made the same mistake). Sorry, I missed where anyone accused you of being woke or liberal. Can you please point it out for me? I didn't read the article, nor call out anyone by name. It was just a general rant, aimed at no one/or side in particular. It is just that the non-sports related/silly articles have taken over the bored.
No harm, no foul my friend.
Last edited by flameshaw on June 20th, 2021, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LU 57
Whatever man. I have generally enjoyed your posts, but you are really missing the mark here. I am neither a regular poster, nor am I woke, nor do I have any axe to grind with the school. My daughter goes there now.

Edit: And I am Baptist. Talk about friendly fire🤣

I was actually looking forward to hearing from some of the more conservative folks on the board regarding the video.

Anyway, do me a favor and “foe” me so you do not have to see anything I have to say.
Last edited by LU 57 on June 20th, 2021, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: June 20th, 2021, 4:14 pm Whatever man. I have generally enjoyed your posts, but you are really missing the mark here. I am neither a regular poster, nor am I woke, nor do I have any axe to grind with the school. My daughter goes there now.

I was actually looking forward to hearing from some of the more conservative folks on the board regarding the video.

Anyway, do me a favor and “foe” me so you do not have to see anything I have to say.
And that’s the problem! You need to post more :lol: :lol:
TH Spangler, thepostman liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]