Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CCWMichael
Well, I am bummed. We have a great team and my last chance to attend a game this year was this past weekend. I scheduled my surgery before I knew about the Umess game. My theme this year has been pulling triggers early.
With the added game I am not sure how probable it is we could have attended another but it would have been nice.

I am requesting prayers for me but for my family the most. My wife who must care for me for a while. My daughter who vividly recalls my last rounds of surgery. She is really worried.

October 30 I have my Covid test (which is good for 30 days for this hospital???)
November 4 I am having a small procedure.
November 11 I go under the knife with a 2 month recovery period expected.

The prayer Army worked very well the last time so I am praying and requesting all the prayers that can be sent our families way sent this way please and thank you.
Baybird, Purple Haize, stokesjokes and 5 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
CCWMichael wrote: October 25th, 2020, 9:01 pm Well, I am bummed. We have a great team and my last chance to attend a game this year was this past weekend. I scheduled my surgery before I knew about the Umess game. My theme this year has been pulling triggers early.
With the added game I am not sure how probable it is we could have attended another but it would have been nice.

I am requesting prayers for me but for my family the most. My wife who must care for me for a while. My daughter who vividly recalls my last rounds of surgery. She is really worried.

October 30 I have my Covid test (which is good for 30 days for this hospital???)
November 4 I am having a small procedure.
November 11 I go under the knife with a 2 month recovery period expected.

The prayer Army worked very well the last time so I am praying and requesting all the prayers that can be sent our families way sent this way please and thank you.
Stay strong!
CCWMichael liked this
By CCWMichael
Class of 20Something wrote: October 26th, 2020, 9:23 am Praying for you.

How much of your recovery is in patient? Can your family visit at any point?
Thank you. The report is 3 to 5 in.
Only on e person will be allowed to visit me. That will be my designated "healthy person". <<<--- no official testing done on the healthy person.
I feel for my daughter on this one so I really hope this does not end up like my last surgeries and I end up in for 2 weeks.
By CCWMichael
Thank you for all of the prayers and concern.
Amber is happy I am home now. She is a bit bummed thinking I would be ready to run but, very happy daddy is within eye sight.
It will be a long recovery. More cuts than my last big surgery. I am not posting pics but I have over three feet of abdominal cuts. Of course as is my track record. Doc stated "once we opened you up we saw we had more to do".
But, hey I am home.
An odd thing the doctor noted that I found curious. He informed us that typically cancer will not come back in the same area where discovered. It shows up in other organs. I never would have thought that.
Staples and JP's due to come out the day before Thanksgiving.
Thank you a TON for all of your support!
LU 57, Purple Haize, flamehunter and 1 others liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]