Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

thepostman wrote: June 28th, 2020, 11:13 am Ok. I wasn't sure at first because your first reaction was to point out the awful things people say on the left (which is accurate).

I can only handle so much end times talk. I grew up in the Independent Fundamental Baptist movement and got it drilled into my head for years. I'm still recovering. :lol:
So do you reject there will be a rapture one day?
Last edited by TH Spangler on February 24th, 2022, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 28th, 2020, 11:21 am
thepostman wrote: June 28th, 2020, 11:13 am Ok. I wasn't sure at first because your first reaction was to point out the awful things people say on the left (which is accurate).

I can only handle so much end times talk. I grew up in the Independent Fundamental Baptist movement and got it drilled into my head for years. I'm still recovering. :lol:
So do you reject there will be a rapture one day?
What brought you to that question?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I seem to remember a bible verse about no man knowing the hour the Son of man would return.

You’d think as much as the fundies claim to read the Bible, they’d think about what they’ve read in the Bible. Thankfully, they know more about the return than Jesus did Himself.

(sarcasm)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The IFB churches I grew up in were very end times focused and had multiple end times series, especially on Sunday night's. It grew tiring as we are called to reach people now as nobody knows the time in which any of these things will take place. Pretending that we do will only do more damage to the kingdom than help it.

Matt 24:36

I'm not saying there isn't a place for these kinds of discussions but if it becomes one of the main parts of the faith you discuss it distracts from the gospel message. Or at least it did for me as a kid/teenager growing up in a very end times focuaed church.
Just John liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I find current events amazing..... But no worries about the rapture coming today or 10k years from now if you have a personal relationship with Christ. :)
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Growing up in a Baptist church, if I had invest a nickel every time I heard “sign of the times” I’d be a millionaire. If it interests you, fine. If it becomes an obsession, like it does for a good majority of churches out there, it becomes a problem.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: June 28th, 2020, 3:38 pm Growing up in a Baptist church, if I had invest a nickel every time I heard “sign of the times” I’d be a millionaire. If it interests you, fine. If it becomes an obsession, like it does for a good majority of churches out there, it becomes a problem.
No Christian should obsess over it, especially young Christians. Older Christians tend to look forward to it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
If you didn’t watch A Distant Thunder growing up in church are you even saved? :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 28th, 2020, 4:43 pm Haha, I never watched it but it was referenced many, many times!!
It’s on YouTube. Watch it. Find Jesus. There’s a quiz on it to enter heaven.
The real solid Christians have watched the entire trilogy
By Jonathan Carone
Churches who focus so much on end times theology remind me of this quote:

“Only a ‘dry as dust’ religion prompts a minister to extol the glories of Heaven while ignoring the social conditions that cause men an Earthly hell.”

More often than not, when sects focus so much on the rapture and Jesus coming back, they ignore earthly issues because, after all, they won’t matter after Jesus comes back.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 28th, 2020, 4:59 pm Churches who focus so much on end times theology remind me of this quote:

“Only a ‘dry as dust’ religion prompts a minister to extol the glories of Heaven while ignoring the social conditions that cause men an Earthly hell.”

More often than not, when sects focus so much on the rapture and Jesus coming back, they ignore earthly issues because, after all, they won’t matter after Jesus comes back.
JD's prophecy updates are small part of his teaching ministry. You guys are so negative :lol: Check his youtube out. All sermons are there.

A friend of mine turned on to JD's ministry several years ago. Friend works for Homeland Security, an inspector. He's the son of a retired Navy captain. Played football at W&M. Funny story, he had to bust Samaritan's Purse for some security regs at GSO . They got off easy :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
nobody is being negative. You have brought it up in so many threads lately that it got tiresome. Good news for you is i am such a nice guy I created your own mega thread and you still haven't taken advantage of it.

I don't even know if you are pre-trib, mid-trib or post-trib. How can I even take you seriously on the topic! :D :D :D

I started this for you man, have fun!
adam42381 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 28th, 2020, 7:09 pm I'm with JD ... pre-trib.
thepostman wrote:Well phew! That is a relief :D
Won’t you be surprised Study :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Maybe we all will be since there may not even BE a Rapture
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]