Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: August 16th, 2020, 12:20 pm
Purple Haize wrote: August 16th, 2020, 12:07 pm
TH Spangler wrote: August 16th, 2020, 10:48 am For those like myself that like watching news headlines and studying bible prophecy it's been an interesting week.

https://m.jpost.com/arab-israeli-confli ... 638821/amp

Everyone but Turkey and Iran lining up with Israel and the west. Of course Russia is still lined up with those two.

We no longer need ME oil. No need for thousands of US troops there.
Do we have 1000’s of troops in Israel?
1000's positioned in the ME, to protect oil supplying countries and trading routes. Oil we no longer need. Oil that's always been traded in dollars.

Israel now has access to a huge supply of oil under the golan heights. That does not set will with Russia who wants Europe to depend on them and countries Russia is very friendly with for EU oil supply. They want as much control of price as possible. Oil is all that keeps Russia going.
We have troops over there for more than just that. But I’m glad we haven’t seen any massive deployments in the last few years. We need to back up our friends. Having US Troops there signifies our friendship. It’s a big deal
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
We need a presence in the region to support Israel. We do not need to be involved in centuries-old regional conflicts or protecting oil assets we no longer need.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I agree.

My mind drifts to prophecy that one day Russia, Turkey and Iran attack Israel through Syria, while all others only protest it. I never could see how some of these countries would protest, and not be a part of the invasion itself.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I enjoyed this one! We go back and forth on here about doctrine, politics, ect. JD reminds us to be on the same side where it really counts. He also shines some light on the Abraham accords.

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH, have you thought about the fact that Trump/Pence sounds and awful lot like Trumpets?

A sign of the times, people!
flamehunter, thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Is there an unnecessarily long video you can share @jbock13 that nobody will ever watch that will help back you up on this claim ? :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 9:08 am Is there an unnecessarily long video you can share @jbock13 that nobody will ever watch that will help back you up on this claim ? :lol:
You should watch it postman. He addresses your viewpoint pretty early in the vid. I bet you watched it that far and clicked it off. :lol:

I get a kick out of posting pretty basic Protestan beliefs to see how some respond here. :wink:
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I think you may be misreading why people are dismissive. If I can speak for my cohort, we’re pretty disillusioned with the end times stuff since it seemed to be made the center of evangelical belief when we were growing up. It’s not necessarily disagreement, but it’s just not that important to day to day Christ following. There’s a reason the early church debated about including John’s Revelation in the canon. It wasn’t because they didn’t think it was inspired, it was because they didn’t see it as all that useful.
Baybird, thepostman, Purple Haize and 1 others liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 9:27 am
thepostman wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 9:08 am Is there an unnecessarily long video you can share @jbock13 that nobody will ever watch that will help back you up on this claim ? :lol:
You should watch it postman. He addresses your viewpoint pretty early in the vid. I bet you watched it that far and clicked it off. :lol:

I get a kick out of posting pretty basic Protestan beliefs to see how some respond here. :wink:
Glad you admit to being a troll :lol:

@stokesjokes hit the nail on the head. The end times are certinaly worth discussing from time to time but not everything is a sign that the end is near. It may be but it just as likely isn't. It is better to go through our Christian walk without thinking about how the world will end. It is not helpful in fulfilling the great commission.

Just my 2 cents.
stokesjokes, Just John liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 10:41 am
TH Spangler wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 9:27 am

Glad you admit to being a troll :lol:

@stokesjokes hit the nail on the head. The end times are certinaly worth discussing from time to time but not everything is a sign that the end is near. It may be but it just as likely isn't. It is better to go through our Christian walk without thinking about how the world will end. It is not helpful in fulfilling the great commission.

Just my 2 cents.
That's a pretty good explanation. Not trolling, just trying to get a better idea where Liberty "regular posters on this board" stand on some basics stuff. Study
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
If this forum is your mission field, you’re probably better off sharing Christ with those who need to know about Him.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:Just trying to gauge how well Liberty is training champions for Christ. Now that Jr's gone let's hope it improves. :lol:
Just remember that despite our disagreements, you and I will be voting for the same guy today :D
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 1:38 pm
TH Spangler wrote:Just trying to gauge how well Liberty is training champions for Christ. Now that Jr's gone let's hope it improves. :lol:
Just remember that despite our disagreements, you and I will be voting for the same guy today :D
I'm more interested in Liberty's mission/doctrine staying focus. I'm afraid that's where Jr let the school down the most.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 11:43 am If this forum is your mission field, you’re probably better off sharing Christ with those who need to know about Him.
I agree about those on this board, but there are plenty of people in the LU orb, that need to be regenerated both heart and mind. I am very disappointed in the type of student that LU has been graduating lately. I believe we can do a better job of becoming more conservative in our theology, while maintaining the cultural attributes we have adopted. Just my .02.
Last edited by flameshaw on November 3rd, 2020, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
You've got a much larger student body than years ago so there is going to be more bad apples. It is how probabilities kind of work. On fhe flip side, some of the work I have seen recent graduates doing both in ministry and in the secular world has been pretty amazing.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 3:09 pm You've got a much larger student body than years ago so there is going to be more bad apples. It is how probabilities kind of work. On fhe flip side, some of the work I have seen recent graduates doing both in ministry and in the secular world has been pretty amazing.
Sure there are more bad apples as an absolute number. But % wise, I still believe there are more bad apples, than in the past. We have too many "woke" people in our midst now. I do not see that a positive at all.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Agree to disagree I guess. I am not sure the term "woke" is even fully understood by anybody on this forum, myself included. It seems to be used when talking about young people and a way to dismiss them completely.

What a great thing it is when younger and older generations can get past generational differences and actually focus on Christ and the reason our school was started to begin with.

I'm also not that young anymore so I'm trying to get better at doing that myself.

I'm not a finished product. I won't ever be. I have said this a couple of times recently but I'm glad I have had older, wiser people in my life to build me up and not dismiss my youthful ideas as "woke".

Some of the recent grads make me incredibly proud. Some of the grads from 30 years ago make me incredibly proud. Also some of them...well they don't make me proud. Haha

It is what it is I guess. I just think it is painting with to broad a brush
stokesjokes, Just John liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I am part of a local congregation that is probably majority students or at least recent graduates. I can assure you there are still high-caliber students and faithful Christians coming out of the school.

@flameshaw , if it makes you feel better, most of them are too conservative for my taste :P
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 3:52 pm I am part of a local congregation that is probably majority students or at least recent graduates. I can assure you there are still high-caliber students and faithful Christians coming out of the school.

@flameshaw , if it makes you feel better, most of them are too conservative for my taste :P
Believe me, that doesn't make me feel any better. 8) 8)
I do believe that most of the students who graduate from LU are good people, Christians, etc. But there is a much bigger minority of students, grads, who seem to have become more liberal in the cultural views. Again, I find that disturbing. Thankfully, I do not believe I will be around to see LU become a SMU, WF, Baylor, etc. However, I believe my children will see it, which is sad.
stokesjokes liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 7:25 pm
stokesjokes wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 3:52 pm I am part of a local congregation that is probably majority students or at least recent graduates. I can assure you there are still high-caliber students and faithful Christians coming out of the school.

Believe me, that doesn't make me feel any better. 8) 8)
I do believe that most of the students who graduate from LU are good people, Christians, etc. But there is a much bigger minority of students, grads, who seem to have become more liberal in the cultural views. Again, I find that disturbing. Thankfully, I do not believe I will be around to see LU become a SMU, WF, Baylor, etc. However, I believe my children will see it, which is sad.
The decline is predicted in prophecy. Many "good" people will buy into the coming one world religion. On subject of prophecy, have you look at Bitcoin lately. One world currency? :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]