Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Last Tuesday I had to put my buddy of 14 years, Reno the Wonder Dog down. Then on Saturday this happened. Not looking for sympathy but just to encourage anyone that no matter how bad your week is going, it can be worse. And to rehash the cliche to enjoy the time you have

https://mccombandsons.tributes.com/obit ... -106484089
Last edited by Purple Haize on October 9th, 2018, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, I'm glad you were there for your dad's last few days on this earth. Those will be memories of service that you will never forget. Thinking and praying for your family, because nothing is harder than losing your dad. And I'm sorry for the loss of your dog, too.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Very sorry for Both. Are you in Indiana now?
Yeah. I’ve been up here since Thursday
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Condolences. Take care, and God bless.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
God bless brother
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Sorry for loses Hayes. That's Terrible.
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:Last Tuesday I had to put my buddy of 14 years, Reno the Wonder Dog down. Then on Saturday this happened. Not looking for sympathy but just to encourage anyone that no matter how bad your week is going, it can be worse. And to rehash the cliche to enjoy the time you have

I'm sorry for your loss. After reading his obit, it looks like he had plans for eternity. I can't speak from experience but can be an ear(or a set of eyes behind a computer monitor) if you ever need it. I'll be praying for all he left behind.

You made me realize I've been putting off calling my grandfather because his mind is starting to go. I should call him before it gets any worse. Thanks for the encouragement through this.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am so sorry to hear of the passing. There is never a good time for a loss. But I echo the sentiments about it sounding like your father's house was in order. That's a blessing!
By CCWMichael
Heartfelt condolences for you and your entire family. Prayers coming your way.
God Bless.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Last Tuesday I had to put my buddy of 14 years, Reno the Wonder Dog down. Then on Saturday this happened. Not looking for sympathy but just to encourage anyone that no matter how bad your week is going, it can be worse. And to rehash the cliche to enjoy the time you have

I'm sorry for your loss. After reading his obit, it looks like he had plans for eternity. I can't speak from experience but can be an ear(or a set of eyes behind a computer monitor) if you ever need it. I'll be praying for all he left behind.

You made me realize I've been putting off calling my grandfather because his mind is starting to go. I should call him before it gets any worse. Thanks for the encouragement through this.
Call your grandfather. I was only able to have 2 or 3 minute coherent conversations with my dad the last few months. But I made the effort to have them. We didn’t have a very close relationship but I thought that was important
And yes. He is certainly in heaven. Probably still witnessing and performing Discount Double Checks!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:always praying for you my friend!
I’m not sure how to take that :lol: :lol:
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]