Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By FlamingYalieWahoo
Registration Days Posts
I have 2 prayer requests - one is for my wife. Several months ago she lost her job with a very small consulting company - she did all of the work from home and had a great salary. So she decided to start her own company so she could keep working from home and hopefully have a nice salary. After several months of panic attacks (we took turns) she got an 18 month contract and has started to get several new leads. She is outstanding at what she does and the company that makes the product upon which she works recognizes this and she has a great relationship with the folks at the company. It just so happened that two positions there opened up and they brought her in for interviews and they've reached a final negotiated offer. Now with her own business she can make more money but its less secure because she has to do her own marketing and land her own clients; the benefits they offer are pretty basic - nothing special. So its half the money and a degree of security v. more money and not as much security and more independence. She has to make a decision within the next week. Believe me either way we will survive but its just that the decision isn't a clearcut one - six months ago she would have taken the job no question.

For myself - I'm trying to finish my doctorate. I would really like to teach at LU. However, about 200 pages stands between me and finishing and even applying for a job there (I still have friends on faculty who really want me there). I have been at this for a while mainly due to medical issues and some tough, untimely life issues, for example wife loses job (but when are they ever timely and not tough?). If I had a job, keeping her business would be a no brainer because there would be an income to carry us over the "between-client" times. So wife's job and my dissertation are the basic requests.

Thanks!
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
consider it done!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm with you, brother. I fully understand your situation. We've been in a similar situation where both my wife & I have put our longterm plans on hold while the other gets through a challenging time, Its tough from every aspect and you are certainly in our prayers.
By FlamingYalieWahoo
Registration Days Posts
Thanks to all for your prayers and words of encouragement!!!
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like you really need discerment from the One who holds our future. Praying.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just l[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]