Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I know that sounds like a pretty generic thread title, but that is all I am asking for right now.

I dropped off the board for the last couple weeks with no announcement but there is a reason for it.

I had a significant mental breakdown about 18 days ago and had to go to the emergency room as a result. After two days there I had to check into a crisis facility and get some significant and intensive counseling for 10 days before I was released and sent home. about 12 hours later I had to be returned to the ER to address some abdominal pain I have been experiencing and Im seeing a doctor to find out what is going on with that.

Anyway, I am starting therapy and counseling this week and I have started some new medications as well to address my mental health issues, so all I ask is for your prayers. Prayers for answers from my counseling, but also prayers for my mental health and for some potential big changes coming in my life as I work through my situation.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
We give you crap but it’s because we love you. I for one had been wondering where you were, I missed you! Glad you are back. But more importantly glad you are ok and glad you are getting the help you need.

Best wishes from The Potentate :flamingdevil
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Praying for you buddy. I pray God puts the right people in your life that can help you.

Much like PH said, I give you crap but it is all for fun. I hope for a speedy recovery.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Wishing you the best, BJ.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Hoping everything works out for you. Mental health is nothing to mess around with. Glad you are taking the steps to get healthy. Best of luck.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Missed you on here as well; it just isn't the same without you. Praying God gives you clarity of purpose and a peace that only He can give.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Praying for you buddy. Hang in there and take comfort in knowing these stresses are not in your control, but His. Easier said than done sometimes.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Praying for you in Seattle, BJ. I respect your willingness to address real problems.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I decided it'd be better to post here instead of making a new thread, but I had another breakdown about 10 days ago and was back in the emergency room...those of you who are my friends on FB can read my explanation there but in short...I need prayer now more than ever
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I decided it'd be better to post here instead of making a new thread, but I had another breakdown about 10 days ago and was back in the emergency room...those of you who are my friends on FB can read my explanation there but in short...I need prayer now more than ever
Take care of yourself.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks guys, Sly I think you would have had a chance to read my whole treatise that I posted yesterday
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im doing better from that situation so thank you for your continued prayers everybody

The Lord has seen fit to finally bless me with a new job that I start next Thursday...the preceding Monday I have a double knee MRI scheduled after an accident where the family dog wrapped his leash around my knees and I sustained injuries that have made walking challenging. I kinda have needed something done on my right knee for about 10 years now so this is long overdue, but a couple years ago I injured my left knee in an incident at Walmart when I worked there and so Im concerned about any damage from that incident on that knee. Prayers for clarity of mind and wisdom to act going forward would be coveted
Last edited by BJWilliams on April 14th, 2018, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
MRI is done...results should be out tomorrow according to my orthopedist's office with a followup on Tuesday afternoon. I'm OK with whatever comes of my right knee as I said, I'm more concerned for the left one at this point because I don't want to end up in a wheelchair at my new job
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well according to my rheumatologist, I have osteoarthritis in both my knees, I see him again next month after a cortisone injection to evaluate and discuss further options.

In other news, I was offered a job yesterday and i accepted so I am back off the unemployment line which will be good for my mental health.

I have two more interviews coming up next week as well which are real blessings too after months of not even getting a call for an interview
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]