Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
[youtube]VvfXvW2wsuQ[/youtube]
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am at an Investor Relations conference in Austin through Friday afternoon. But I will be driving home immediately following. I'll load up on Bottled Water here in the ATX because the shelves are empty in Houston.

I may wind up freelancing as a reporter this weekend because I lived for six years where the eye is projected to make landfall. My sister is running a shelter in Lake Jackson. My parents live in Galveston County and may wind up heading up to my house. I live about 95 miles away from the coast these days. Ten years ago we lived down by what is now ExxonMobil in Spring and we went without power for 40 days in 90°+ heat. We feel more secure up at Lake Conroe.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Made it back to Lake Conroe north of Houston. I have tons of friends down in the Corpus Christ area including a guy some of you old hags may recall named Randy Ahrens. Thi storm has the potential to do some pretty severe damage but everyone along the Texas Coast has heard this many times before. That's why most are choosing to ride this one out.
By Class of 20Something
Sly Fox wrote:Made it back to Lake Conroe north of Houston. I have tons of friends down in the Corpus Christ area including a guy some of you old hags may recall named Randy Ahrens. Thi storm has the potential to do some pretty severe damage but everyone along the Texas Coast has heard this many times before. That's why most are choosing to ride this one out.
What kind of swells are they calling for in Galveston? I know the seawall is only 17'. For anyone that isn't aware of the seawall, do a quick wiki on it. It's neat stuff.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Tornadoes and flooding from rainfall are the primary concerns here in Houston. Still waiting for the storm to stall and bounce as all of the mets were expecting.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Guys, I was in New Orleans right after Katrina and the situation here in Houston today is worse.

My parents escaped their home by boat in the middle of the night but are trapped with dozens of other families under a church awning in Dickinson. My sister and her kids are all trapped somewhere. My parents and her have lost everything and we still can't get to them. They have been hit by 3 feet of rain in last 15 hours and there is no end in sight because the storm is just sitting there churning water from Gulf and dumping it on Greater Houston.

We are fine for now but won't be if this rain continues for four more days as predicted. We are hoping to our home and cabin as refuge for evacuated family but only if they don't flood as well.

Prayers are appreciated.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I saw the footage this morning and instantly thought of you and your family. Praying for you all and that entire region.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Just got word that a boat has arrived and they are in the process of being rescued to a shelter somewhere nearby. Praise God! Still a very dangerous situation that is not improving around the area.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The fact that the Houston area may double their current rain fall totals is crazy.

From a weather perspective it is fascinating but from s human stand point it is incredibly sad.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Latest models have Harvey going far enough back out into the Gulf of Mexico to re-strengthen before giving a direct impact to Houston on Wednesday morning. My parents have now been picked up from shelter and taken to a nearby friend's house. There was no way for me to drive across town to pick them up.

With everything saturated, the prospect of another 20" of rain arriving int he next coupke of days is overwhelming.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
We serve a God who is bigger than a hurricane and we trust he will protect you and your family Sly, as well as all the people caught in this.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The situation is growing worse down here in Texas. Tens of thousands of mor ehomes are flooding out now up on the northside of town where they had the huge flood this spring in those supposedly once-in-a-lifetime floods that seems tame in comparison.

Keep praying!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The situation is growing worse down here in Texas. Tens of thousands of mor ehomes are flooding out now up on the northside of town where they had the huge flood this spring in those supposedly once-in-a-lifetime floods that seems tame in comparison.

Keep praying!
Absolutely. Stay safe.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]