Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thoughts and prayers to BigSmooth and his dear family.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
My prayers for his family in this difficult season...he definitely has not come around in a while from what I can tell
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
I was doing some browsing and saw this thread. That was a tough time indeed and I miss my dad every day. He died of Pneumonia, but was also suffering from early onset dementia and was in a nursing home which he despised. I was able to hang out with him the day before he passed and it was a blessing to take care of him in his final hours. I appreciated all of the prayers. They were certainly felt. Treasure every day with your parents if they are alive. My mom is doing well and learning to move forward.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Dementia, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's are no joke. I had to watch my grandmother slowly waste away during the second half of my undergraduate career at LU and i burst into tears when I saw her for the final time a couple of days before she passed
Last edited by BJWilliams on September 19th, 2018, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Only one thing worse than parents asking, "Who are you?" And that's burying them.

Our thoughts and prayers are still with you, Smoothie.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]