Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys,

I haven't really shared a lot of goings on in my life of late but I wanted to share something with you and solicit your prayers.

As you probably know, I grew up in the Hampton Roads area...Portsmouth to be specific. I have lived in that area for most of my life, with the exception of a few years in Lynchburg after I graduated with my undergraduate degree in 2009. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a HUGE sports fan...some might call it an addiction. ESPN has been my dream pretty much from the day I decided I wanted to be a sports broadcaster. I would listen to the local ESPN Radio affiliate almost exclusively on a daily basis.

Ive been a broadcaster for over a decade now (with somewhat of a hiatus recently to raise a family...I'll update that situation in another thread), and have been looking and praying for my next opportunity. Recently, I was made aware of an opportunity for a position at my hometown sports station. This isn't the first time this opportunity has been available to me, as it came open in early 2012 and I did not apply because I did not feel I had the confidence to take that step. Well when the opportunity became available this time, I did apply. I am asking for prayers during this process, and for favor from those that are part of the search process. I did get to know the previous person for this position as an avid listener of the show, and I also got to know another person at the station through some volunteer reporting I did for the local high school football show during the second half of the football season, so I am hoping that can help in addition to the new audio I had been recording throughout the past months.

Again I am soliciting your prayers over this opportunity and for favor with those that are part of the process, because this would be an amazing opportunity to be able to talk about not only national sports, but also the teams I cheered for growing up: The Norfolk Tides, The Norfolk Admirals, Norfolk State (except when they played Liberty the last decade lol) and ODU (again, except when the played Liberty) among others.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Best wishes! That volunteer work should come in handy!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Best wishes! That volunteer work should come in handy!
I agree. it gave me an opportunity to get to know another important person at the station in addition to my getting to know the previous host (who I actually got to meet at the NFL Draft party held by the station on night 1 2016)
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like a GREAT job! I hope you get it, BJ.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Good Luck BJ!!!

Hope to hear you on the airwaves when I go to the beach soon.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Also a great movie with Steve Martin
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If this is God's Will, nothing will stand in your way. Praying for God's provision for you.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks Sly...I really feel like God has been at work even going all the way back to 2013 when I did my radio show (I hate that they lost my recordings due to a computer error...they are pretty outdated though) and my brief turn doing an online show for a small outfit in Chesapeake as well as getting to know people at the station and the aforementioned high school football show.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]