Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We are in the process of review in anticipation of a restructuring of my department at my station. When completed it could mean a promotion for me or it could be catastrophic for my family. With my wife six months pregnant and our reliance on the company insurance, you can understand why there is some consternation in the Sly Fox den. Please keep us in your prayers in the coming days.

Gracias
Last edited by Sly Fox on October 27th, 2006, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Dude, just went through a nice shake up here and I know the feeling. Being "Phased Out' is always tough b/c you know there is nothing you can do. I was blessed to land on my feet in the company (and with OUT incrminating photos!!) You will be in my prayers
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I, too, am in the midst of a restructuring, though it looks like I'm safe for now. I understand and will most definitely be praying for you and your family.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
My prayers with both families. It was almost a year ago where one of my best friends lost a job due to restructuring.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
DITTO to ALL the above- will DEFINTELY be remembering you guys
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Will be praying for your job situation.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
my prayers will be with you and your family Sly Fox.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I have not worked since mid-August because of the restructure bug and have two other similar experiences. The previous two times, I have landed better jobs and hopefully I have one on the hook now that will be better than the one I just left.

It is not easy, but God always provides for his own. Not to say there will not be a rough spot or two, or a little testing, but you will be ok. Will be praying for the Fox family.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I appreciate the prayers, guys. I learned in our layoff (when Mrs Sly & I both were caught up in a shutdown) two years ago that God provides for his children even when you have no idea how it can happen. I also learned to worry about the things you can control and leave the rest to Him. I know it helped me function then and its how I am handling these trying times right now. It is very possible this ordeal could prove to be a complete blessing.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I hope and pray it ends up being very positive for you the Mrs. and the kits.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I will definitely be praying for you...remember Jeremiah 29:11
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly,

Been praying for you and wondering how are things going?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Its watch & wait time. Obviously I'm doing everything I can to impress them in the interim. I'm not sure how long it is going to take them to make the decisions.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
SLY - Prayer is good and all. But if I might suggest a well placed microphone or a few grainy Polaroids to help steer the decisions your way??? :D
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:SLY - Prayer is good and all. But if I might suggest a well placed microphone or a few grainy Polaroids to help steer the decisions your way??? :D
hmmmmm. Now THERE'S a thought for all of us with contract difficulties.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'll find out my fate this afternoon. I received an e-mail to come into the News Director's office today. Whatever happens, I know God has a purpose for it.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
OMG. My prayers are with you. It sounds as if you have a good perspective on things. Perhaps God will call you to SW VA. The guy on channel 10 sports is BRUTAL.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
SLY, IM JUST CATCHING THIS! i will be in prayer for you right now.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I'm in prayer as well. Keep us posted.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
let us know how things turn out. Will be paraying for you and the family.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Sly I am late to the dance as well but I have already been praying for you guys anyway. I really hope it works out for the best. We would love to have you in SW VA by the way! Not that it is on the table but you never know. Then we could hear on a daily basis how great The Commonwealth of VA is :P God Bless.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm still waiting for my meeting but it look like I'm not going to be let go right now. That alone is a big answer to prayer.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My job (and more importantly my insurance) is secure for the time being. But I won't be out of harm's way until the baby arrives in Late January/Early February. While far from a reassuring scenario, at least our primary concern has been somewhat alleviated. Thanks again for all of the prayers.
By FlameDad
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:DITTO to ALL the above- will DEFINTELY be remembering you guys
Ditto to his ditto
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good to hear that things are looking up.

will continue to remember you guys
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]