Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Lucas
Here recently as I've been trying to dive into the Faith and figure out what is right and what is not, I do have a topic that I have brought up with those more knowledgeable than me, yet I've yet to get a clear and comprehensive answer.

Question As a past Buddhist, I've been fortunate to meet great people like Richard Gere, Lama Surya Das, and HH Dalai Lama. All three of these individuals, especially the last one, is know throughout the world for his loving generosity and his good will. The current Dalai Lama was born in Tibet, exiled, and has used the long years since his childhood to bring more love, peace, and happiness into this world. In short, he is a much better person than I'll ever be, and has been a positive influence of some many more people than I ever will. With all that in mind, according to the Bible, the Dalai Lama will be spending eternity in hell, whereas I will likely go to Heaven. The main factor being that I grew up in a Christian based society whereas he grew up in a Buddhist one. The same can be said for Ghandi and others who have changed the course of history for the better. My Questions is: How is this fair? I do not belong in Heaven if those who made a greater impact didn't have all the chances and opportunities that I have.

Sorry for being up such serious topics, but this forum really has been one of the most open minded I've come into contact with, and quite frankly, the answers I've been given haven't been sufficient.

Previous Answers Include:
1. You don't know their hearts.
2. If they were told about Christ once, then they had a fair shot
Lucas wrote:
Sorry for being up such serious topics, but this forum really has been one of the most open minded I've come into contact with, and quite frankly, the answers I've been given haven't been sufficient.
I don't have time now to give a good answer, but would be willing to in the future. I am prepping for a new job, taking on new roles in Toastmasters and Cub Scouts, and have a sick family. :) Feel free to "bump" this in the not to distant future.

Have you gone through Starting Point yet?
CaroneDesigns wrote:
alabama24 wrote:
CaroneDesigns wrote:It's not.
It's not... Open minded?
He said it didn't seem fair.

I said it's not.

Thanks for clarifying. :D

This interaction actually illustrates what I was trying to say in another post. Currently we can quote the ENTIRE post, but it would be great if we could quote part of it (like I am doing here):

CaroneDesigns wrote:Once we learn Christianity isn't about being fair, we begin to understand the gift that is grace.
Most users aren't savvy enough, or patient enough to break it down like this. I don't know if the forum software has the capability, but if it does, it would be great to enable it.
By Lucas
CaroneDesigns wrote:It's not.
Well that's not good. Under the premise that God loves us more than we can ever love anyone, it would seem like some leeway would be allowed.

And someone asked if I had finished Starting Point yet, the answer is no. My wife and I are starting it the second week of April.
Loving someone completely doesn't mean accepting their sin. God cannot accept sin. It's against his nature. There has to be some form of cleansing sacrifice. In this case, our sacrifice is Jesus. If someone doesn't accept that sacrifice and present it to God, he cannot accept them as sinless and holy.
By Lucas
I kind of get it, however some form of Sympathy surely must go towards those less fortunate than people who are raised in mainly in a Christian society who have better odds for salvation than those born and raised outside of one.
By Lucas
alabama24 wrote:
Lucas wrote:
And someone asked if I had finished Starting Point yet, the answer is no. My wife and I are starting it the second week of April.
Starting point is a great place, well, to start.
I'll start, but with it requiring consecutive weeks, and my wife and I are going out of the country for a week and a half.

I'm looking forward to it.
By Lucas
CaroneDesigns wrote:That's one of those questions that I've never heard a great answer to. I've come to a place where I chalk it up to something I'll never know.
This is somewhat how I feel about most of this thread. In this day in age where it seems like we can google issues, I guess I'm just not used to chalking anything up to just, 'I don't know'.

However, I do think that Faith in God's grace and that he has it all worked out.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]