Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
http://pilotonline.com/news/local/crime ... a4ffc.html
Parkhurst said the church is a “three-tiered society.” He said the top tier is called the “Kingdom People,” composed of parishioners who tithed above a certain amount.

“These individuals were considered closest to God and made part of the Church inner circle and bestowed many privileges,” Parkhurst said. He noted that Julian and Williams had traveled with the church’s leaders to Africa for a safari and to Jerusalem to be baptized.

According to a copy of Wave Foundation Magazine posted on the church’s website, the minimum donation to become a member of the “Kingdom People” last year was $7,500 “over and above … tithes and offerings.”

“Kingdom People are men and women who believe that part of the reason they exist is to resource the Kingdom of God,” the magazine said. “They are individuals who consistently place the cause of the King as their first priority. We consider them to be the financial leaders of Wave Church.”
Apparently some people are going to jail for committing fraud to join the "top tier," of the church. Discuss.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I've heard the Roman Catholic Church is considering selling indulgences again....

Isn't this the church that Hillsong DUDE-pastor Carl Lentz came from?

But, no, tiered membership is not Biblical.
What's really sad to me in addition to the article is that the pastor is a personal friend of my pastor here and guest preaches from time to time
I have been to that church and met many people in leadership there. It's a megachurch, for sure, but I felt like a lot of the staff had great intentions working there. They are a very aggressive church and Pastor Steve seems more like a biker, than a pastor, but they have several great outreaches in that area that do a lot of good.

You want to know how aggressive they are - we did two EFC events there at that church. Family Friendly Mixed Martial Arts. Shows were great and Wave always had a pastor give the plan of salvation at events - tied it in well to the MMA event and was very tasteful. Shows were great and had two fighters from that event go on to fight in UFC because of it.
Did Jesus have Tiers of Apostles?
I'm more of an OT guy but did the early Church in Acts have a membership flow chart in the original language?
The Aporypha?
Septuagint?
prototype wrote:I have been to that church and met many people in leadership there. It's a megachurch, for sure, but I felt like a lot of the staff had great intentions working there. They are a very aggressive church and Pastor Steve seems more like a biker, than a pastor, but they have several great outreaches in that area that do a lot of good.

You want to know how aggressive they are - we did two EFC events there at that church. Family Friendly Mixed Martial Arts. Shows were great and Wave always had a pastor give the plan of salvation at events - tied it in well to the MMA event and was very tasteful. Shows were great and had two fighters from that event go on to fight in UFC because of it.
Good for them, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]