Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Lucas
As I mentioned in my Introduction post, my wife and I are both new to the faith. I was baptized as a kid, whereas my wife has never been baptized. We are both spending a lot of time to work on our faiths and really focus on finding God and living a more meaningful life. I just turned 30, my wife is 25, and we have no kids....until Monday.

My wife is a teacher at a private school for special needs kids, and a fellow teacher at her school met this family is a rough part of Atlanta, where the Father just got out of jail on serious drug charges, and the Mom was leaving for New Orleans, but neither wanted their kids (5 of them), except for the new born that is. My wife's co-worker took in all the kids, and after praying about it, my wife and I have temporarily adopted a sweet 7 year old girl named Ja'lah. It's be a complete life change and we are asking for any help, prayers most of all. So if you remember next time to pray, please send up one for my wife and I.

Thank you all!
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
That's terrific, Lucas. Thank you for being willing to adopt this girl, so many times older kids go unwanted. I hope you guys have found a supportive church family to disciple you in your faith, and guide you into this new life of parenthood. Sounds like you and your wife have a great heart to serve and to love.
By Lucas
Thanks ALU,

We have been starting to go to a church called North Pointe, it's actually one of the largest churches in the nation lead by Andy Stanley. So far, it's been extremely knowledgeable and a great experience with a lot of opportunities to learn, and serve the community.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
North Pointe is a great church. Just make sure you get plugged into a small group for discipleship.
And you are about to enter a crazy new world. Bless you for taking on this challenge. You are living out God's commandment to love.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Props on fostering that little girl brother that's awesome.
By Lucas
Thanks everyone. Poor girl had to be picked up from school because she was running a fever.

But I do really appreciate all your thoughts and prayers.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Praying for y'alll. I know its a big adjustment, but speaking as someone who sees horrible child cases on a near-daily basis, I just want to say thank you and that I wish more people were like y'all.
By Lucas
Well, the latest on the situation is that Ja'lah's mother and father (who was just released from Prison on Drug Charges), demanded her back and since we didn't have full custody or guardianship, my wife and I were required my law to give her up.

It's been somewhat tough around the house, but the important thing is if you find it in your heart, keep poor Ja'lah in your prayers so that hopefully she can find a path and beat the odds that are so stacked against her.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]