Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Shortly after 1 AM this morning, our apartment was invaded by burglars. The only thing that was taken was Dave's car key, because - while being dressed like a professional burglar/thief, they made the mistake of turning on the light which woke me up and they ran out as soon as I said something. Major praise that we are ok, but pray that some type of miracle happens and these criminals are brought to justice.

Side note: our apartment does require a key fob to get in the building and into the parking areas, so his car is still there and I checked before coming into work and no one was in the car, doors were still locked. We're not sure how they got into the building, as the police said it was hard to get in. My thoughts are its probably people who live in the building or they have some type of help from the inside.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
WTH brotha

Glad you're ok

I would suggest you schedule some range time.

Be glad to help you pick out something as well. text me
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Check your private messages...and yes, I will be going to the range. It still hasn't fully sunk in yet. We're also considering expanding our family, perhaps adopting a German Shepherd.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I echo PA. No need to take chances. Range time will help you decide.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:while being dressed like a professional burglar/thief, they made the mistake of turning on the light
:oops: :lol:
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Check your private messages...and yes, I will be going to the range. It still hasn't fully sunk in yet. We're also considering expanding our family, perhaps adopting a German Shepherd.
Both good ideas. Just a note, German Shepherd's are phenomenal dogs, but they're a lot of work in the beginning.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
ATrain wrote:Check your private messages...and yes, I will be going to the range. It still hasn't fully sunk in yet. We're also considering expanding our family, perhaps adopting a German Shepherd.
Both good ideas. Just a note, German Shepherd's are phenomenal dogs, but they're a lot of work in the beginning.
Thanks for that information.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you ATrain.

I will say that this lowlife forgot that rule #1 when trying to rob someplace is DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION TO BE RECOGNIZED! Anyone who watches crime shows on tv knows that or should
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Range time is definitely a requirement. I sleep with 2 loaded guns in my nightstand and probably no where in my house am I more than 10ft away from a firearm at anytime. I don't ever think we would have a problem, but you never know.

Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]