Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
My wife just found out this evening that the position that she has enjoyed the past six years with a major oil client is being eliminated at the end of the year. These commodity prices have been devastating on both of us this past year.

The good news is that not one tear has been shed and we have confidence that God is in control having been blessed to survive numerous layoffs in the past dozen or so years. But we do ask for your prayers for wisdom and direction as we begin to make difficult choices.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Sad to hear about your wife's job; not sad at all about gas prices.
This. I hate to hear that your family is struggling, but I won't shed a tear over the giant oil companies losing money.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You don't have to be a giant oil company to be getting crushed by these prices. Millions of jobs are being impacted either directly or indirectly. The biggest companies can manage this just fine. It is the smaller companies and the manufacturing sector that is getting slammed the hardest outside of royalty owners.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Our company has felt it as well with a few layoffs and cutbacks locally while shutting down a number of worldwide locations. Oil and gas is not our only business but significant enough to cut deeply into profits. With prices currently projected to stay low for a few years, it could eventually affect a lot more of our local people, myself included.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Prayers for your family and for flamehunter's situation. However, we have no complaints about the low gas prices in my family.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Prayers for you and your family. It definitely must be challenging working in an industry with highs and lows like that. I know I hope gas prices don't go back up anytime soon but I hope that you guys are able to weather the storm and make the decisions that you need to make as a family with heavenly guidance.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]