Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Atrain will hire you.
Sure, my townhome in Salem needs someone who can keep up the landscaping (not to be confused w/ manscaping :nono )
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Sure, my townhome in Salem needs someone who can keep up the landscaping (not to be confused w/ manscaping :nono )
Well I have learned a difficult lesson in sales. Numbers only matter if they are gotten the precise way your boss wants them gotten. If you don't get the numbers but do it his way you are fine
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Just keep the yard from looking like the Texas prairie or the Amazon jungle and we'll be good.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:
Well I have learned a difficult lesson in sales. Numbers only matter if they are gotten the precise way your boss wants them gotten. If you don't get the numbers but do it his way you are fine
So, can we concude that "his way" included driving to Roanoke in the snow, even though all the Drs offices were closed?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That was one of them. He wasn't appreciative of my resistance to his idea. His only goal was for me to go out and make the effort He felt sending him the VDOT and VA State Police Bulletin to stay off the roads was showing him disrespect
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
File this under 'Blessing is disguise' maybe but I was released from my job today for Performance Related issues. (Not sure how top25% is an 'issue' but I digress). The last 3 months have been a torture on my health and life. We even went on vacation and instead of enjoying what should have been awesome I spent half the time worrying about what was happening and what was to come.
So now that is over. It HAS to be better for my health. But now it's time to find another job which is more difficult when you don't have one. I have 6 weeks severance which is nice and will use 1 or 2 to get mentally right. But the next step is where my new stress lies. What does God want me to do with my life? If you have an answer ( male exotic dancer was already suggested) I'm all ears
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Not starting a new thread for this
Having shoulder surgery tomorrow while I still have Company Insurance. It's not a rotator cuff so that's a huge relief. Not sure about Physical Therapy. Hopefully I can get a session or 2 in then just go on my own

On the job front it's been an up and down week. But I have a 2nd interview selling drugs next week for a start up and I have a local business working on something. So God is good which is probably why I don't understand Him sometimes
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Praying right now that you have a succesful surgery. As for work, remember that you all need one job and not a dozen. Stay vigilant.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:On the job front...I have a 2nd interview selling drugs next week for a start up
Purple, have you considered selling dog drugs? I have a friend who sells drugs to vets and makes a good living doing that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:On the job front...I have a 2nd interview selling drugs next week for a start up
Purple, have you considered selling dog drugs? I have a friend who sells drugs to vets and makes a good living doing that.
Would love too. But those are difficult jobs to come by. I apply for every one that opens to no avail
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
Would love too. But those are difficult jobs to come by. I apply for every one that opens to no avail
What about pet insurance? There are some women that work around me that need it... these people will drop $5-10k on a dog faster than you can say 'woof'.

By the way PH does your father work in Lynchburg?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No my dad works in Indiana
Pet Insurance is usually an added benefit. We have it and it's saved us a ton. It's why I'd love to get into get sales. I know what we spend on our dogs and cat. Not a lot of poor Vets around
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Just saw this PH, praying for you. Like Sly, I have been laid off, lost jobs to China, Mexico, etc. It is never a good thing at the time, but I can say every time, it has worked out for the best in the long run. Hope your interviews go well and you find something soon. Your health is more important than anything. I ended up with open-heart surgery, with a triple bypass and an aortic aneurysm repair brought on by stress and worry. Looks like you are taking a better path and realizing your job doesn't define you. Praying.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Come on, Bama. Some topics for humor should be off limits--like when a guy loses his job. :nono
Don't kick a FF guy when he's down!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:Good rebuke Jim. I hope PH wouldn't / didn't take offense to that. None was meant.
It takes a lot to offend me. More when I'm on high dose pain killers!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, on my way to the new Texas Inn for breakfast, I noticed there was a big sign at Brookville High School advertising for BUS DRIVERS. If you get your CDL, that might be an option for you.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
be one of those SSA benefits-approver-people

they even let gay dudes do that

you oughta be a lock
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:be one of those SSA benefits-approver-people

they even let gay dudes do that

you oughta be a lock
Ironically the Pharma job I'm up for is down to me and a very good friend of mine. Fortunately he looks like he may get an offer before the Face to Face interviews Which would help me out a ton
On a serious note and it may be the pain killers but I can't describe how my mental health has changed for the positive since I was let go. I had worked for these people before and I had forgotten how it really does sap at your soul. And as someone who MAY be described as a BIT stubborn I was determined in my pride not to let them beat me. That I could suck it up and outlast them. It really played a number on me that only now am I realizing how deep and insidious it was.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I was offered and accepted a job today. Same field with a quasi start up. I feel good about it During the course of 5 interviews it seemed like everything I was criticized for doing at my last company is what they wanted at this company. It was like they looked at my last evaluation and took all my negatives as positives. Plus a raise
Found out they had to reattach a muscle and a tendon in my shoulder which will drag out rehab. So there goes my Body Building career ha!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Congrats on the new job--and the raise! :clapping
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]