Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well, I just thought I would solicit the prayers of my fellow FlameFans as my wife and I are expecting our second child!

She was pregnant earlier this year but miscarried just before she took another trip to Oklahoma, and we were devastated, needless to say. Well about 2 weeks later, in faith, we started trying again and got a positive test around middle of May. She is due in January...but we are praying for good health for our little one, and also for my wife. The last weeks of our first pregnancy were fraught with complications, and the labor and delivery very nearly killed my wife, if not for an emergency operation.

We find out the baby's gender on the 24th, and while we will be happy with a healthy baby, deep down in our hearts, we have been praying for a girl from the moment we found out that we were expecting.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Congratulations!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
While a bittersweet day to be sure (those of you who know the story know what I mean by that), Marcus Arlin Williams was born this morning at 11:06 AM...full head of black hair and no complications like his older brother.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Nothing bittersweet about a healthy birth. Congrats, BJ! Stay steadfast and show her that you can be the father your children need.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Congratulations, father BJ.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The birth itself is not bittersweet I will say that Sly...more the tempest swirling around it...
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]