Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
I've always found it fascinating how a bunch of guys who don't really know each other, can be disagreeing with one another one minute and then be praying for each other the next. FlameFans is where that happens and I'm asking for your prayer today.

Two weeks ago I was presented with a new opportunity within my company. At first I declined because my wife and I feel at home in Richmond and I'm dedicated to working this market. There are some things happening that have led me to believe, that God needs me back at home in Roanoke. Since I was presented with a job that has me working the Roanoke market, it seemed silly to turn down when I was represented with the offer over the weekend.

My compensation will actually increase with this move, but compensation isn't the reason I took this job. Moving to Roanoke will be stressful on both my wife and myself. We were just married in October and we were just beginning to lay down some roots. Additionally, she has lived here all of her life and is nervous about the move. Her family and most of her friends are here and she has little familiarity with Roanoke.

The job part of this equation may actually be an upgrade and I praise God for that. However, I ask for prayer for my family, for my wife and myself as we make this move.

Thank you,

CJ
Last edited by VAGolf on April 22nd, 2015, 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good luck brother will do

I can personally relate how major life/career changes can often turn into the greatest opportunities you can imagine
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If you feel God calling you to Roanoke, you don't want to be any other place. Trust Him. Praying right now for peace and wisdom.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Praying for you man.

I also agree with your assessment of this board. It's very cool to me we can all pray for each other. I love it
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Having made many moves and adjustments myself (with at least one more on the horizon), definitely praying for you.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]