Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
A lot of unexpected shake up at work today. A counter part got laid off and I consider him a good friend. I now have a new manager, different territory and new counterpart who I have had very serious issues with in the past. Part of my old territory is now vacant and I'm seriously contemplating posting for it. Of course that would require a move to either the Tri Cities or Asheville Mrs Purple has lived here all her life but is in a position to move if wanted/needed. But by posting will I whizz my new boss off and if I don't get it and face her well known ire? Or do I stick it out and wait for the next change? Lots of stress and Xanax today.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Change is rarely fun. Praying you have wisdom to manage these challenging times.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
esp when you are as young as we are! Confident it will work out and praying for ya
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Praying for you. I know its difficult.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Very tough situation. If I read it correctly, you are expecting to have issues with her either way. Might as well try to post to move to the mountains. Work life is so screwed up now days. Glad I don't have to deal with it any more. The pay isn't very good, but I now have the blood pressure of just one person, instead of 3. Praying for you my friend.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I've prayed as well. Never easy to endure these kinds of things. We have hope it works together for good. May God bless with wisdom, which He promises to give liberally to all who request it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Very tough situation. If I read it correctly, you are expecting to have issues with her either way. Might as well try to post to move to the mountains. Work life is so screwed up now days. Glad I don't have to deal with it any more. The pay isn't very good, but I now have the blood pressure of just one person, instead of 3. Praying for you my friend.
That's a good point. But I'm on her good side now. I met with my new partner yesterday. He gave no acknowledgement of the issues of the past at all. He said we can work together because all he wants to do is make a lot of money. I like money too but this is what I do not who I am. I was really enjoying my job until Thursday.
My other option is to just get out of the industry all together. Which is now an option. I just have to see how much of a pay cut I can take.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]