Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Monday at the gym after working out, getting in the hot tub, steam room and on the way to the shower area I became light headed and nausea and had a hard time taking my breath.

I was suffering a heart attack. God is good, that it happened at the gym instead of my woods where I feed my wild animals. Got transported to Frye Hospital and found I had three blockages, one they unblocked, the others will be fixed by bypass surgery in about 6 weeks.

I have lost 18 lbs in the last year, down to 185, been working out for the last 35 years, usually 4 times a week. So being in good shape does not exclude one from a heart attack. If you can get a stress test done, better to be safe then sorry.

I covet your prayers for the next 6 weeks as I go cardiac training to get in shape for the surgery and after the surgery.

Thanks
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
praying for you! Yeah - seems like Heart attacks are more common now - regardless of exercise and weight:( Get better soon.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Glad you're still here with us. Praying that your surgery goes well and for a speedy recovery.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
glad you got help in a timely manner! best wishes for continued treatment/recovery
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Praise God for the circumstances in which this happened! And thank you for the word on all ofou health situations as you recover from your own.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Glory to God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit. Many of you know of my heart attack I suffered at the gym on 02/23/15 after my workout. I had three blockages, one was fixed thru a stent being put in at the ER. I was initially told I would need bypass surgery during my hospital stay. Yesterday I met with the surgeon who showed me the catheterization video and pointed out where the stent went in and further down the artery is a bottle neck. He recommended triple bypass surgery, and I said I would talk to my cardiologist today and see what he would say. I went to the appointment today basically looking for the cardiologist to agree with the surgeon.
I told the cardiologist that my oxygen intake resting and working out is at 99 to 100 percent. I told him I have had no chest pain at all and I feel great. Told him that I did 14 minutes on Monday on the treadmill with the rate of speed set at 3.4 mph. I rode the stationary bike for 14 minutes and road a distance of 3.4 miles and another 14 minutes on the biodex machine set at level 6.
He recommended today that I do not have surgery and continue for another month at the cardiac rehab pushing my workouts as I have and to have a stress test done in a month.
Basically he said my heart is getting full blood flow and pressure and even if I had the surgery today it would not buy me anything.
I covet your prayers for the next month everything will continue the same and improve if that is possible and my stress test turns out fine to the point I will not need surgery, now or in the near future. Thanks for all your prayers.
In case you missed it.
Glory to God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Left my cardiologist office this morning. Stress test photos of a perfectly healthy heart is represented by an orange circle. Mine when exercising is showing blue at 11 and 4/5 o clock meaning I am not getting any blood there. Now resting orange shows at 4/5 o clock. Next Tuesday I am having catheterization done again to put stents in, if that does not work then bypass option. I ask for your prayers that glory will be done to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit regardless of the procedures.
Thanks
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Prayers here.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Praying man. Just curious, how old are you? These problems run in my family.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:Good news for sure!
Did you actually read his post? Just curious.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Clearly he did not.

Either way prayers for you, 4everfsu.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Unable to put stents in yesterday, triple bypass tomorrow morning. Thanks for your prayers.

As to the question of my age, I am 63.
Last edited by 4everfsu on May 6th, 2015, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
The great news was in response to this:
He recommended today that I do not have surgery and continue for another month at the cardiac rehab pushing my workouts as I have and to have a stress test done in a month.
I didn't see the one after. You don't have to be a jerk about it.

Continuing to pray here.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
God is good. I am still here, recovering. Thanks for your prayers
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]