Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By comet
Registration Days Posts
Curious, folks, does Liberty still display 3,000-year-old dinosaur bones on campus? Apparently the entire world has heard about this.

As a Liberty grad, I've taken some heat over this in recent years from non-believers and every time it's a source of ridicule of the University.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
comet wrote:Curious, folks, does Liberty still display 3,000-year-old dinosaur bones on campus? Apparently the entire world has heard about this.

As a Liberty grad, I've taken some heat over this in recent years from non-believers and every time it's a source of ridicule of the University.
I'm sure they do since that's what they believe.
By Neo
In all my time there I never saw them. I only read about it in media reports.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I didn't see that display, but I think it was Richard Dawkins or some famous atheist who said something about it.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
A display like that is probably at the Creation Museum...in DC. I've never seen dinosaur bones, or any animal bones on display anywhere at LU.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JakeP50 wrote:A display like that is probably at the Creation Museum...in DC. I've never seen dinosaur bones, or any animal bones on display anywhere at LU.
You have never met Cider Jim? :dontgetit :rofl
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
JakeP50 wrote:A display like that is probably at the Creation Museum...in DC. I've never seen dinosaur bones, or any animal bones on display anywhere at LU.
You have never met Cider Jim? :dontgetit :rofl
No, I'm not smart enough for his classes.
By comet
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:http://www.liberty.edu/news/?PID=18495&MID=17309
Thanks for the link. I also clicked through to the Center of Creation Studies site. I would assume such a dinosaur bone display remains somewhere at the school.

I really wish LU would show some latitude to embrace the old earth theory as well. I guess it's a good thing education comes last on a resume.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
comet wrote:I really wish LU would show some latitude to embrace the old earth theory as well. I guess it's a good thing education comes last on a resume.
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, that will never happen as long as the Falwells are in charge. Or in simpler terms, never.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
When Young Earth Creationists can come up with a plausible theory to explain the Sppedwagon of light I will listen with less skepticism.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:When Young Earth Creationists can come up with a plausible theory to explain the Sppedwagon of light I will listen with less skepticism.
:dontgetit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:When Young Earth Creationists can come up with a plausible theory to explain the Sppedwagon of light I will listen with less skepticism.
:dontgetit
REO Speedwagon. Duh!

Not sure what happened there. Speed of Light. Which may or may not have been bolstered by a wagon :lol:
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:I believe the theory is "God created the earth to look old," or something like that.
Which is, in my opinion, a huge cop out that was invented because they can't come up with anything to disprove science.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ATrain wrote:I believe the theory is "God created the earth to look old," or something like that.
Which is, in my opinion, a huge cop out that was invented because they can't come up with anything to disprove science.
Your opinion is not really an opinion as much as it is fact. Of course, don't let facts get in the way of Biblical inerrancy :roll:
By comet
Registration Days Posts
With the latitude the scriptures give us in interpreting the creation account and other creation texts (particularly when it comes to the Hebrew word "yom"), I'm surprised Liberty has been digging its feet in on the young-earth perspective.

I have ended up in the Day-Age camp; it's been much easier to discuss Jesus ever since. At least that's my experience.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
"They" have quite a bit of science on their side. Not surprising that you don't know it, as one voice is given a megaphone while the other is silenced. But honestly, even old-earth creationists are mocked, so it's just a matter of degree.

Most of what you believe regarding creation comes down to what you believe about Adam and what you believe God is able to do.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
"They" have quite a bit of science on their side. Not surprising that you don't know it, as one voice is given a megaphone while the other is silenced. But honestly, even old-earth creationists are mocked, so it's just a matter of degree.

Most of what you believe regarding creation comes down to what you believe about Adam and what you believe God is able to do.
Exactly. It always amazes me when Christians fall into the camp of science (what man's finite mind can determine to be "true") is right and therefore God (totally infinite and beyond our comprehension) must fit into that realm. I guess it's because it makes their life easier when dealing with the world?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
The question here isn't did God create the earth, but DID he do it in 6 literal days.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:The question here isn't did God create the earth, but DID he do it in 6 literal days.
You are correct Sir.
Ex Nihilo is what is important. After that it's just a fun exercise. Can God create light that is already 50,000 years old? Yep. But why?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I will try to make this my only comment on the matter, but we are talking about the omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient God here...if He wanted to, He could have created the earth and all that's in it in six seconds. obviously He didn't, because He had a purpose for doing things exactly as He did.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]