Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Guys,

My wife and I are looking to get back into the VA/NC area within the next 6 months. I have made a 2nd round of cuts for a Parks and Rec position east of Raleigh and have a 5 hour interview on Monday. Surprisingly, flights from Tampa to Raleigh are not terribly expensive given I am booking them 3 days in advance.

If you could keep me in prayer, that'd be fantastic.

Thanks!
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:I have made a 2nd round of cuts for a Parks and Rec position
I love that show, but isnt this the last season?

Praying. :)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The rest of the candidates may be just as underqualified. I wouldn't let that stop you from applying. Government gigs don't alway attract the best candidates.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The rest of the candidates may be just as underqualified. I wouldn't let that stop you from applying. Government gigs don't alway attract the best candidates.
Exactly. Just look at ATrain! :twisted:
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:The rest of the candidates may be just as underqualified. I wouldn't let that stop you from applying. Government gigs don't alway attract the best candidates.
Exactly. Just look at ATrain! :twisted:
Hey, don't be mad just b/c I have good looks AND brains :P

Also, I have no idea how the City of Lynchburg does their hirings, but if you don't meet the educational and experiential qualifications listed for federal employment on the job posting, they won't interview you.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Update here.

Didn't work out. No big deal, although for the amount of money spent for airfare and car rental it would have been nicer if I didn't receive notice via postcard. Oh well.

Thank you for your prayers over that weekend.

My current employer has also posted my current position as seen below. I have been told that they will keep me around (along with my replacement) for as long as it takes for me to find a new gig. Whether that comes back to bite me in the butt later will remain to be seen, but for now my boss and the board I report to seem to be intent on helping me. We'll see.

Either way, if you know someone who has experience running leagues/scheduling/reporting to a board who is interested in moving to FL, have them apply at the job listing below.

http://www.usyouthsoccer.org/employment ... tionId=174

Thanks!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Thx for the update

Will still keep ya in thoughts/prayers
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
jack_sparrow81 wrote:Small world-I did my internship with FYSA back in the summer of 2003.
WOW.

If you could believe it, Carmen just retired a few months ago. Mike Strickler is still here. I think that's about it from the office's perspective.

There are plenty of board members who were around at the time as well, but I'm not sure how much you would have dealt with them as an intern depending on whether you were AGM related or if they were still printing passes in the office.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
I was actually their first intern according to Becky. They didn't have anything posted nor were they looking for anyone and I was trying to get an internship in the central Florida area for the SMGT credit and was sending out resumes to quite a few organizations. Blake ended up replying back and I worked the majority of that summer at the office near the airport. Mike was in the same office, but I didn't work with him much. I mostly worked with Blake, Becky, Carmen, Meg, Ada, and a few other admins in the office, helping with sponsorship and marketing duties, as well as preparing for the AGM. Carmen was a trip, but I expected Meg to be there forever. I'm assuming that they lost a few people when they moved to Auburndale? The AGM was a eye opening experience with the grown adults from different regions fighting over youth soccer rules. Every now and then I check the website out to see if they still have the picture that I made of the regional map of Florida :oops: I was kinda suprised they put it up. When did you start working there?
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts

TELL ME YOU DID NOT MAKE THIS MAP. It's on my desk! They are talking about getting rid of the district coding though, so we'll see how long this is still relevant.

I think a new generation of board members came in around 2009-2010 and a lot of people jumped ship. Becky left in 2010 and we've had 3 different EDs since.

My programs have been in the spotlight the last two years as a result of the controversy over our rapid growth. There are a lot of people believing that I am taking away their revenue and scheming to get my programs axed. So every year I have to fight a motion to kill my programs. The board position that I report to has been vacant for about 8 months, so there's no escaping the madness in those rooms. 50 pages of transcripted madness. The AGM is serious, that's all I can say.

All that yelling for kids playing a backyard game.
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
LOL, that is a thing of beauty. Found a blank map of Florida online and let my paintbrush skills do the rest. If you look real closely, you can see some areas that I didn't fill in; I couldn't believe they put it on the new website after I left. Wow, small world. I will definitely keep your family in our prayers for new direction.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]