Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys I won't go into details right now but if you could pray for my wife and I, she's graduating with her PharmD in may and interviewing for residencies up in the ATL area and Macon in the next few weeks. We won't know exactly where she will be headed until march but Its looking like we will possibly be moving back north to Atlanta this summer. Which means I'll be looking for a job. I already have a few promising leads. Just keep us in your prayers as this is the first really big decision we are making as a married couple. Thanks
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys just a quick update: God has chosen to test me pretty good this week. The transmission in my car went out this morning and we are going to have to get me a new car. Also We are 99% sure that my wife and I will be moving from macon back to Atlanta in May and so I'm going to need to find a job while she's starting on her residency. Pray God opens doors and continues to bless as he has throughout both of our careers.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys just giving an update: My wife matched with Kaiser Permanente for her residency which is a huge blessing. we will definitely be moving up to Atlanta in May. I already have one interview for a job working the Sales end of my profession that pays way more than what I am currently making. God is good. I'm not too worried about my end now that God has chosen to give my wife a really great opportunity to work with a company that she feels she can stay with her entire career. Thank you for all the prayers!

P.s With all that being the case. I'll definitely be headed up for the Liberty vs. Ksu game and I'll be at the Georgia State game as well. So if you guys make it down to ATL I'll try and organize and Alumni/Flamefans tailgate down here. Let me know if you want to make the trip as I can probably get tickets as well.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Congrats! Stories like yours renews all our faith. Especially mine which really needs it. Enjoy Gods goodness!
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Update: I have accepted a new job up in Atlanta. Its out of the college athletics business which is bitter sweet for me but the hours and the pay are better and it will allow me to work in the same town as my wife so we can move up to Atlanta together. God is good.
Last edited by flamesfilmguy on April 15th, 2015, 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
shweet bro... awesome news.

good being flexible like that - well done
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Flexibility is a wonderful thing...I took a job at Wal-Mart over the holidays and I just got a pay raise starting this past Saturday, which I would not have gotten if I remained rigid in my prospects
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:Update: I have excepted a new job up in Atlanta. Its out of the college athletics business which is bitter sweet for me but the hours and the pay are better and it will allow me to work in the same town as my wife so we can move up to Atlanta together. God is good.
NO.

It is just sweet.

Congrats buddy!
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:Update: I have excepted a new job up in Atlanta. Its out of the college athletics business which is bitter sweet for me but the hours and the pay are better and it will allow me to work in the same town as my wife so we can move up to Atlanta together. God is good.
NO.

It is just sweet.

Congrats buddy!
It took me 5 straight min to realize what the NO was for lol.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The all caps tells me Schfourteen speaks from experience in regard to this type of move. It reminds me of my decision to move out of sportscasting. I couldn't be happier today but it was a tough decision at the tiem to move the move away from something you are passionate about in regard to work. You'll discover your passion is not predicated on just your current assignment.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:The all caps tells me Schfourteen speaks from experience in regard to this type of move. It reminds me of my decision to move out of sportscasting. I couldn't be happier today but it was a tough decision at the tiem to move the move away from something you are passionate about in regard to work. You'll discover your passion is not predicated on just your current assignment.
I know how difficult it can be to get out of sports if the current position doesn't have a direct and obvious correlation with normal jobs.

Sales transitions into sales, marketing to marketing, communications to communications. Hiring managers immediately recognize the skills you possess. But a position unique to sports, such as a commissioner, registrar, compliance officer or (potentially) an equipment manager makes transitioning out of sports to a position of equal value a little bit trickier. That's my experience at least, but I've never seen anyone get out of sports and regret having a normal job with normal hours and a normal life.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:but I've never seen anyone get out of sports and regret having a normal job with normal hours and a normal life.
This is key. Especially for Equipment guys. A lot of guys do it until they get married. They leave the business for sales or operations other areas and are much happier. One can only handle 12-15 hour days All but 3 months out of the year so long. The guys that i know that did stay regret that they don't have enough time for family even if they love the job its still a grind.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:The all caps tells me Schfourteen speaks from experience in regard to this type of move. It reminds me of my decision to move out of sportscasting. I couldn't be happier today but it was a tough decision at the tiem to move the move away from something you are passionate about in regard to work. You'll discover your passion is not predicated on just your current assignment.
I know how difficult it can be to get out of sports if the current position doesn't have a direct and obvious correlation with normal jobs.

Sales transitions into sales, marketing to marketing, communications to communications. Hiring managers immediately recognize the skills you possess. But a position unique to sports, such as a commissioner, registrar, compliance officer or (potentially) an equipment manager makes transitioning out of sports to a position of equal value a little bit trickier. That's my experience at least, but I've never seen anyone get out of sports and regret having a normal job with normal hours and a normal life.
I don't regret not going into an athletics department somewhere.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]