Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts

Hey guys. I’m so excited to release my first ever Ebook on February 4, 2015. It’s called “Take Back The Mic: How To Silence Fear and Kill Negative Self Talk.” It’s all about getting rid of the lies you hear and believe to make space for God to speak truth and love into your life.

Want to know the best part?

I’ll give it to you for free!

The only thing I ask in return is your e-mail address so I can send you some freebies that won’t otherwise be on my website. If you go here, you’ll see a place to type in your e-mail address. Simply fill out the box, hit subscribe, and the book will be e-mailed to you.

It's been a fun process putting all this together. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I've enjoyed writing it.

-Jonathan
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I entered my email and got an error... It took me to mail chimp. Is that right?
Yep. The e-mail list is supported through MailChimp. If your name is Justin, it worked.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:Perhaps this is some sort of social engineering trick...
No trick. I'm trying to build an e-mail list and I'm giving people something in return for giving me their e-mail address.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Congrats on taking this step. Just last night, Mrs. Sly was getting onto me for not writing one. Well done!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It's a totally different feeling writing something with the name "book" attached to it than writing a blog post or article.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I've often contemplated writing a book, trouble is I don't know if a) I have something worth sharing thAt could be turned into a book worth reading, or b) the kind of commitment that writing a book of any significant length would require
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Downloaded to my phone. I will start reading while on vacation. congrats on taking this step.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I've often contemplated writing a book, trouble is I don't know if a) I have something worth sharing thAt could be turned into a book worth reading, or b) the kind of commitment that writing a book of any significant length would require
You won't know if you have something worth sharing until you start writing.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Downloaded to my phone. I will start reading while on vacation. congrats on taking this step.
Awesome. Thanks dude.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
It's just a chapter book but they're short chapters with small words.
Last edited by SuperJon on January 28th, 2015, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'm in.

will sign up later tonight

I have to create a fake email first so you can't spam me
By DB89
Registration Days Posts
I signed up last night. While I was on the site, I read several of the blog posts. Great stuff. I was struggling with whether God could handle some of the deep heart issues I was dealing with, and the way I needed to just get it out in His presence, without editing. The post about the teenage girl's prayer hit home. Thank you for reminding me of how beautiful Christ is in that way.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
DB89 wrote:I signed up last night. While I was on the site, I read several of the blog posts. Great stuff. I was struggling with whether God could handle some of the deep heart issues I was dealing with, and the way I needed to just get it out in His presence, without editing. The post about the teenage girl's prayer hit home. Thank you for reminding me of how beautiful Christ is in that way.
That was one of my favorite posts so far. I signed up as well.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Bumping this because the book comes out tomorrow. If you sign up today, you'll get an e-mail at 8AM with access to it.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Hey. Seeing is believing, right?

If you've signed up for the book, you should have it by now. If not, let me know and I'll do some digging to see what happened and make sure you get it.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:got it. now to load it onto my kindle.

lookin forward to reading it.
Hopefully, for your sake, it's a short read.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]