Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My wife just got word today that a really good friend of hesr that she grew close to shortly after I joined the military and was someone that helped her get use to the whole military life style. Anyways, she got word early this morning/late last night that her husband was killed in Afghanistan. Just pray for her and her daughter who is in college. I can't even imagine. It is something you try to prepare for by never get use to. Anyways, prayers would be appreciated.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Wow! The sacrifice they have made for all of us could never be repaid. Praying for that family in this devastating time of grieving.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They actually have 3 daughters, the other 2 are in high school. The info is now public and here is an article. I know the family appreciates the prayers. I did not know either one but when I left for 6 months almost 6 years ago his wife really helped my wife out a lot and it really meant a lot to me.

Anyways, here is that article:
http://www.armytimes.com/article/201409 ... fghanistan

Thanks for the prayers.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Was this in the same incident where the guy Mike from North Carolina was killed by a suicide bomber? A bunch of my LU friends are asking for prayer for that family as well.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
He did 4everfsu. He was a super nice guy. When he would come to my department we would shoot the breeze for a few minutes. What a tragic loss.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]