Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
I heard this and couldn't believe it. I know a lot of people have disagreed with Dr. Caner but this is an absolute tragedy.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Agreed...he always doted on both his sons, especially Braxton. I really figured he had a chance to maybe play football on the mountain here in a few years...such a terrible situation
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Man I can't imagine this. I pray for the family and also pray segments of the 'Christian' community don't try I use this as a way to justify some sort of position on Caner.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
That is heartbreaking. Praying for their family. Theyve been through a lot in the past few years.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I almost regret sharing this link. But seeing people cloak their despicable behavior in the name of Christianity makes my blood boil. The behavior of these cyber-thugs after Braxton's tragic death is even more incredible.

Click Here if You Want to be Sickened

I don't know the Caners but I am praying for them right now. I can't imagine the grief.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I just spent an hour and a half reading a giant Christian pissing match about doctrine, theology, and bullying. and we wonder why people are so often hurt by churches and pastoral leadership that claim to be doing the work of the gospel... on a side note I have zero respect for JD Hall. my head is still spinning. If you have to ask people to give you chapter and verse as to why you are wrong as a defense and people actually comply with that... you are ignorant as the day is long.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:I just spent an hour and a half reading a giant Christian pissing match about doctrine, theology, and bullying. and we wonder why people are so often hurt by churches and pastoral leadership that claim to be doing the work of the gospel... on a side note I have zero respect for JD Hall. my head is still spinning. If you have to ask people to give you chapter and verse as to why you are wrong as a defense and people actually comply with that... you are ignorant as the day is long.
yeah if you called me I couldve told you to go ahead and skip that mess.

I did the same thing- probably only lasted 15 min- and wanted to vomit

well said tho... i wouldve used a lot shorter words to describe those people. you done good bro
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Wow, I am praying for their family right now. Suicide wounds do not heal quickly as we can attest from our family.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
There are two topics I try to avoid most of the time: religion and politics. links like the one posted above are why I avoid discussions/debates of religion
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:There are two topics I try to avoid most of the time: religion and politics. links like the one posted above are why I avoid discussions/debates of religion
It was a solid post. I agree with a lot of it's points.
By flamesfan30
Registration Days Posts
that link makes me think he was very much fired when he left liberty as well. this seems to be an unfortunate, sad, pattern with mr. caner.
By ECUnited
Registration Days Posts
While the resignation may have been to avoid termination, I'm really more upset at how the college attempted to cover up the whole issue. Ergun has never shied away from controversy, so they knew what they were getting (or should have), and I have no doubt he is still reeling from the loss of Braxton, but the disturbing part of the story, besides his comments in chapel (provided those are true), is the attempted cover up by Brewton Parker.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
while it may provide the occasional good source, the people at pulpit and pen hate Caner, so I wouldn't recommend going there often.
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
yea. they blasted my old pastor from woodstock for having him come and speak this summer. not a big fan of Hall or P&P.
By justin414
Registration Days Posts
http://peterlumpkins.typepad.com/peter_ ... amily.html
Ergun Caner is not a racist. In his tenure here, he promoted the first African-American Director of Recruiting & Admissions (Kimberly Bell), and hired the first African-American theology professor in the Georgia Baptist Convention (Jonathan McCorey). An African-American, Michael Pigg, was one of the individuals who investigated the validity of the allegations against Caner, an investigation which concluded that the charge of racism was unwarranted and unfounded. Ergun was not forced or coerced into resigning by a trustee but by his own desire.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Lumpkins loves him some Caner. He's always been one if his biggest defenders. Racism aside, that completely avoids the words and comments that allegedly came out of Caner's mouth.
By flamesfan30
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I'm not gonna listen to anything Lumpkins says after the very unprofessional manner in which he blasted liberty for having Driscoll speak in convo two years or so ago.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]