Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
My wife's friend's dad just joined the Navy and he is in his 60's. He's a dentist and I guess they had a dentist shortage.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:My wife's friend's dad just joined the Navy and he is in his 60's. He's a dentist...
A little long in the tooth if you ask me. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:My wife's friend's dad just joined the Navy and he is in his 60's. He's a dentist...
A little long in the tooth if you ask me. :I chortle audibly.:
:brownbag :vomit
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
I haven't been on here much but I did just see this.

BJ, just wanted to let you know that you're being prayed for.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The interview yesterday went well...I'm moving forward in the process with that opportunity. I have another interview today for a supplementary opportunity that can really boost things financially as well
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:The interview yesterday went well...I'm moving forward in the process with that opportunity. I have another interview today for a supplementary opportunity that can really boost things financially as well
Keep us posted
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
So in what can only be described as a surprise turn, I am now being considered for no less than 7 different opportunities in various arenas, including another interview on Thursday afternoon in Virginia Beach.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:So in what can only be described as a surprise turn, I am now being considered for no less than 7 different opportunities in various arenas, including another interview on Thursday afternoon in Virginia Beach.
You asked for prayer.

People prayed.

That ain't no surprise.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
People praying isnt the surprise...the surprise is that things are happening to a pretty substantial degree is more of a surprise...to me at least...to those of you who have been praying (and are much better prayers than I am) it should not come as a surprise
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Prayer is that powerful. I think it is possible that God gets a bit insulted when we act surprised when he answers our prayer requests.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I am now being considered for no less than 7 different opportunities in various arenas
Like I tell my Honors students applying for graduate schools, you only need ONE acceptance letter; and the same holds true for job offers. I hope and pray you get one soon, BJ.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Whether we see eye to eye all the time BJ we are still brothers in Christ and I want nothing but the best for you man. I am so glad you are seeing the power of prayer and true faith play out in your life right now. I will keep you and your young family in my prayers.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJ, maybe this is too old school and the world doesn't work this way any more, but I thought I'd share this advice that I heard a long time ago.

If you're unemployed, you should spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, putting in job applications. And follow up on those applications every few weeks.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That is not too old school. But you do have to come up for air or it can become grueling based on my past experience.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thats not old school at all Cider...and actually what I have been doing the last couple weeks even before things took the turn they did with the wife
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
BJ, I just wish you the very best--with your wife, your son, and your future employer!
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
praying for you...you can always move to Houston and get in the energy sector...great jobs, great pay..and the world will always need energy..I have been in energy since I came out of college..it has been a great career so far. just my two cents...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Houston has grown from a metro of around 3.5 million 15-20 years ago to over 6 million today. Great paying jobs and still relatively low cost of living (though it is beginning to click up) make Houston a magnet for jobseekers. Energy clients primarily pay my bills.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Thanks. I'm playing phone tag with a recruiter from a job I applied for a few weeks ago. they want to push my interview up a week from when it was originally scheduled so stay tuned on that
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]