Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
Hello folks I know I've been dormant around here lately but I want to ask for all of you that want to lift myself and my wife in prayer. She just accepted a job at Georgetown University and we are moving to the NOVA area at the end of July. I however have not found a job or heard back from any applications/resumes I have sent out. Please pray that I will hear something soon or that the right opportunity will find its way to me! Thank you guys! :D
Criminal Justice is my degree and I've worked campus security for almost 4 years now. Trying to find something in that realm somewhere in the area. Luckily we have enough savings togget by for a while until I can find something but the sooner the better!
jbock13 wrote:As for a former NOVA'er, don't drink the water. :D
Yeah it's definitely a big culture shock just going up there to handle business! It'll be ok, haven't heard back from any applications yet I'll take almost anything right now just to bring something in. I do have an interview for a substitute teaching position so that is something! Staying positive!
BJWilliams wrote:Subbing is very hit or miss if you get offered that job. Some assignments you get a real great group, and some, you're kicking kids out left and right
Yeah I'm nervous about it never subbed before. I have taught training courses at work but never with kids, I'm sure I'd be in for a rude awakening! I have about 20 applications floating in the air right now hope I hear back this week, still praying!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
One word of advice: try to find fun ways to learn who the kids are in each class...oh and read over the names before the day starts too. I impressed a lot of my classes by pronouncing names correctly (and asking for help otherwise). One thing that rankles kids is when subs mispronounce names
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:One word of advice: try to find fun ways to learn who the kids are in each class...oh and read over the names before the day starts too. I impressed a lot of my classes by pronouncing names correctly (and asking for help otherwise). One thing that rankles kids is when subs mispronounce names
like A-A-ron?

or Buh-lock-ay?
By JakeP50
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:One word of advice: try to find fun ways to learn who the kids are in each class...oh and read over the names before the day starts too. I impressed a lot of my classes by pronouncing names correctly (and asking for help otherwise). One thing that rankles kids is when subs mispronounce names
like A-A-ron?

or Buh-lock-ay?
or Di-nice or Jay-quell-in.
I chortle audibly
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
like A-A-ron?

or Buh-lock-ay?
Or

s-h-I-t-h-e-a-d. The D is silent
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]