Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:
jbock13 wrote:I'm not married but a prefer that my woman not be really into sports. My last girlfriend was and she would literally get so emotionally invested... not sure if she thought she should really try or not but when it gets to the point where sports literally affect your mood, I'm not sure I'm okay with that.

My current one will watch it if I'm watching it, but she's not rooting for anyone.

I know that's OT but I'm interested in other perspectives on that.
watching sports with women i know that are "into" sports are some of the most awful sports experiences i've ever had. my friends that are cursed with this put on a pretty good facade but they are usually miserable. i don't go to their houses to watch sports anymore. you find out the "don't watch sports at their house" couples at your first superbowl party. whne a guys wife is talking about why she'd rather have joe flacco over tom brady make a mental note. outside of the fact that a few friends have an easier time watching sports on tv with a sports loving wife, i don't see the appeal. there are a million other things we like to do together and thank God one of them isn't watching/discussing sports.
Totally disagree. No one has a wife more into hoops than I do. It's flat out awesome. She also likes watching College Football. Which makes Saturdays awesome in the Fall/Winter.
(she's also becoming a closet metal head which is pretty sweet too)
I agree with PH (PUT IT ON THE BOARD... oh wait) My wife isn't into baseball or basketball. which is fine with me. I love baseball but my first love is soccer. She and I both played in HS together. This world cup has been incredible watching with her. when I've been at work she texts me play by play. When she's at work I do the same. if we both have been working during the games which hasn't happened but maybe 2 times this WC. We Dvr the game and watch it together. I have a blast and watching her get into the games is sometimes even more entertaining than the games themselves. We actually went to the gym during halftime of the Germany game that went into OT the other day. we both worked out while watching the game. She refused to stop on the treadmill until the game was over. She ended up running a 10K. I was about to die running so I got on the bike at the start of OT.
I work in football,so she loves college football but could care less about the NFL but she's doing fantasy football with me to try and get more into it. I couldn't imagine being married or dating someone who didn't get at least a little invested with the sports that I love.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:
jbock13 wrote:I'm not married but a prefer that my woman not be really into sports. My last girlfriend was and she would literally get so emotionally invested... not sure if she thought she should really try or not but when it gets to the point where sports literally affect your mood, I'm not sure I'm okay with that.

My current one will watch it if I'm watching it, but she's not rooting for anyone.

I know that's OT but I'm interested in other perspectives on that.
watching sports with women i know that are "into" sports are some of the most awful sports experiences i've ever had. my friends that are cursed with this put on a pretty good facade but they are usually miserable. i don't go to their houses to watch sports anymore. you find out the "don't watch sports at their house" couples at your first superbowl party. whne a guys wife is talking about why she'd rather have joe flacco over tom brady make a mental note. outside of the fact that a few friends have an easier time watching sports on tv with a sports loving wife, i don't see the appeal. there are a million other things we like to do together and thank God one of them isn't watching/discussing sports.
Totally disagree. No one has a wife more into hoops than I do. It's flat out awesome. She also likes watching College Football. Which makes Saturdays awesome in the Fall/Winter.
(she's also becoming a closet metal head which is pretty sweet too)
uggh. sounds awful.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Purple, what's it like losing to girl? I know you played professionally and all, but I bet Mrs. Purple can beat you in a game of horse or drive past you with her cross over dribble to the bucket. Play Basketball
If we play H O R S E and I'm not allowed to shoot 3's or trick shots she cleans my clock
1 on 1.....well we are married now so that's ok! (Cue Hall and Oates)
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]