Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
My career has been completely up in the air for the past week or so. The good news is that I have options. A month ago, I was presented with an opportunity to manage a new business. Everything up to this point has looked really good. However, this evening I was given discouraging news and now I'm unsure what I'll be doing a month from now.

Being just a few months away from the wedding, this is really stressful. I do have a backup plan, and I'll actually make more money. However, that would put me in a completely different city.

On top of all of this, my car just broke down and I need a new engine. I'm deciding to sell the car back to my Dad and buy something else, but that is just adding to the stress.

I guess I'm really just asking for prayer for direction. Every time I feel like I know what I'm doing, things change. Having stability has never really been a concern of mine before, but right now, I'm aching for it. I would appreciate any prayers.

Thank you,

CJ
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:My career has been completely up in the air for the past week or so. The good news is that I have options. A month ago, I was presented with an opportunity to manage a new business. Everything up to this point has looked really good. However, this evening I was given discouraging news and now I'm unsure what I'll be doing a month from now.

Being just a few months away from the wedding, this is really stressful. I do have a backup plan, and I'll actually make more money. However, that would put me in a completely different city.

On top of all of this, my car just broke down and I need a new engine. I'm deciding to sell the car back to my Dad and buy something else, but that is just adding to the stress.

I guess I'm really just asking for prayer for direction. Every time I feel like I know what I'm doing, things change. Having stability has never really been a concern of mine before, but right now, I'm aching for it. I would appreciate any prayers.

Thank you,

CJ
Does it involve running political polls for Donald Trump? :rofl

Take the job. It will never be a 'good time' to move or switch jobs. If your car broke you obviously need the cash. If you are looking for stability at this age....you are missing half the fun.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Change is always difficult. We're gearing up for a change in career/city ourselves. Definitely will be praying for you.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Change is always difficult. We're gearing up for a change in career/city ourselves. Definitely will be praying for you.
Wait? You and VAGolf... :dontgetit
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
VAGolf wrote:My career has been completely up in the air for the past week or so. The good news is that I have options. A month ago, I was presented with an opportunity to manage a new business. Everything up to this point has looked really good. However, this evening I was given discouraging news and now I'm unsure what I'll be doing a month from now.

Thank you,

CJ
Does it involve running political polls for Donald Trump? :rofl

Take the job. It will never be a 'good time' to move or switch jobs. If your car broke you obviously need the cash. If you are looking for stability at this age....you are missing half the fun.
Actually, no polls for Trump (yet!) but I was asked to run a small campaign in Roanoke, about a month ago. haha.

I appreciate the prayers everyone. God is amazing and faithful, He will come through.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:Change is always difficult. We're gearing up for a change in career/city ourselves. Definitely will be praying for you.
Myself and my husband...my husband is not VAGolf. I would've said just me, but truthfully, its not just me in the move I'm about to make.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Indeed He will...and will provide you and your new bride with a wonderful home too...I would take a step and accept that job as Purple suggests. you never will be "100% ready" for making a change. Frankly if we all waited til we were "100% ready", none of us would be where we are in our lives.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Myself and my husband...my husband is not VAGolf. I would've said just me, but truthfully, its not just me in the move I'm about to make.
Much clearer :D
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]