Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I thought of my son who will be a year in just over a month and my wife. my stomach often is in knots when the both of them are out and about without me.

Praying for that family and situation
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Update from Greg:
http://csnbbs.com/thread-687622-page-4.html
RE: OT: Prayers Needed Badly
UPDATE:

Samantha is making a slow steady recovery. This morning they informed me today we will be taking the breathing and feeding tubes out. Despite the morphine she is very alert now. She is looking at me, squeezing my hand, furrowing her brow, and smiling in response to conversation.

They had to shave her pretty hair off to clean and doctor all of her head lascerations, but that will grow back.

My father drove up to Athens, AL to have a look at the vehicle yesterday. He told me it was aweful. The driver's side roof was crushed in, which is what fractured her skull and neck. The roof above my son however, was bowed UP, protecting him from the same fate.

God wrapped his hands around my son in that instant, thats the only explanation I will accept. I know some of you do not believe in God, but try going through this with that mindset and you'll change your mind.

My boy knows what happened. He said to me last night, "Mommy got hurt when car went bump." I cried and we talked about it. He's only 2 but he's so smart and sharp, it's amazing how resiliant he has been through this.

Thanks again to all of you who have rememberd Samantha in your prayers. She has received an overwhelming response in both prayer and action from everybody, both friends and strangers alike.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
couple more positive updates from Greg Bowen: http://csnbbs.com/thread-687622-page-6.html
Great news ya'll, I spoke with her neuro surgeon yesterday and he informed me that they expect her to have NO PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE! Now our primary concern shifts to the healing of her left arm wound...which is extensive. Luckily it is not a bone issue, but it will require skin graffting.
I had a GREAT visit with Samantha tonight. The past two days have been discouraging because she's been a little out of it...we think due to exaustian. She told me some beautiful things and did some exciting movements this evening that got me feeling positive again.

That k you all for your prayers! God works wonders and this situation has allowed Him to show off a bit. God is Good Y'all, Every Single Day!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Very cool seeing not only God healing his wife but also the impact this is having on the board over there. God is incredible.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
yeah kinda restores my faith a little. maybe the true personality of the board emerged when the topic turned serious
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:yeah kinda restores my faith a little. maybe the true personality of the board emerged when the topic turned serious
I would like to think people actually become themselves when a topic like this comes up on a board and leave their online persona's on the shelf if only for a little bit.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
UPDATE: http://csnbbs.com/thread-687622-page-6.html
Samantha has been moved out of the NICU and in to a private room at Huntsville Hospital. She is still suffering from memory issues but things seem to be progressing.

Thanks again for everyone's prayers and well-wishes. Please direct future prayers in the manner of her mental state improving.

Greg
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]