Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:Well I turned down Denver...but Dallas has offered without even an interview. The cost of living is SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper in Dallas and the weather is FAR nicer, plus Dave would have some better job opportunities there...need prayer tonight.
So Boston is out? I'd take Dallas every day of the week
Not out, I just have an option to change now if I wanted to. Denver is for sure out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:Well I turned down Denver...but Dallas has offered without even an interview. The cost of living is SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper in Dallas and the weather is FAR nicer, plus Dave would have some better job opportunities there...need prayer tonight.
So Boston is out? I'd take Dallas every day of the week
Not out, I just have an option to change now if I wanted to. Denver is for sure out.
There goes your pot habit
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Never had that habit...caffeine is my drug of choice, coffee is the instrument I use to get it.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
D-A-L-L-A-S. Yes, this board will have another immigrant to Texas. Though I refuse to get the ego that Texans have, I don't need to compensate for anything.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good luck

got your spurs, lasso and 10 gallon hat already?

get used to cactus, tumbleweeds and country & western music
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
No spurs, but I have learned how to use a lasso, comes in handy.

I'm ok with country music too!!!!

We'll wave when you fly over.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:good luck

got your spurs, lasso and 10 gallon hat already?

get used to cactus, tumbleweeds and country & western music

Umm...... :shock: I don't wanna know ....
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Welcome to the Land of Abundance and Awesomeness! Granted, Dallas is my least favorite city in the state outside of El Paso. But at least you are coming to the Promised Land.

Let me know where your office is located and I'll give you some suggestions on where to look for a place to live. Incidentally, the Metroplex does have In-N-Out Burger which is nice plus ... especially around your waistline.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'm trying to subtract from my waistline, LOL. My office is located off of Young St. in downtown, and his will be off the Freeway around North Park Mall.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Welcome to the Land of Abundance and Awesomeness! Granted, Dallas is my least favorite city in the state outside of El Paso. But at least you are coming to the Promised Land.

Let me know where your office is located and I'll give you some suggestions on where to look for a place to live. Incidentally, the Metroplex does have In-N-Out Burger which is nice plus ... especially around your waistline.
I'll be in Dallas in a week. I may have to catch a cab for drive thru!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like a pragmatic choice ATrain. I confess to not knowing the specifics, but I feel fairly confident in saying that unlike Mass., Texas does not recognize same sex marriages.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
They don't...yet. Like Virginia, a federal court has ruled against the Texas amendment, and the Supreme Court will likely enforce recognition across all 50 states, if not requiring every state to issue marriage licenses.

Cost of living in Dallas is significantly cheaper though. Doing the math, for every $1 we make it Boston, it'll be the equivalent of making $1.70 in Dallas.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Please be praying for me this next 8 days and especially next Thursday morning. I have another interview for a position here in Portsmouth. The person conducting the interview happens to be an LU alum which hopefully will put me at an advantage to the others applying for the job
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
The interview is scheduled for 11 AM on Thursday btw (any FFers in other parts of the country or world adjust for the time where you are)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:The interview is scheduled for 11 AM on Thursday btw (any FFers in other parts of the country or world adjust for the time where you are)
GMT?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Have an interview in Suffolk tomorrow afternoon for a full time position at a school. prayers coveted from 2:30 to 3:00
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Sorry for the short notice fellow members of Flames Nation, but I'm on my way into an interview with the City of Portsmouth for a position as a dispatcher. prayers are coveted

(Yeah I didn't get the job in Suffolk)
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was offered and accepted a seasonal position at Wal-Mart on Monday in the electronics department...bring some much needed income for my family this holiday season.
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
The USPS used to have a temporary work program called the 89 dayers. You are hired for two 89 day terms at the main PO to sort mail starting with the fall and running thru Christmas and New Year. Reason is is called 89 days is you cannot work past that due to union policies or you would be considered full time. You get a day or two off between the two sessions. I worked that back in the late 70s so you work half a year making big dollars a lot of hours. You could be putting in 7 days 12 hours during the holiday seasons. You cannot miss any time or you could be fired. I worked 6 months, got unemployed for 6 months and hired again at the end of the 6 month unemployment. You basically have to apply at the main post office, ask if they still hire seasonal 89 day workers. Good luck.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
4everfsu wrote:The USPS used to have a temporary work program called the 89 dayers. You are hired for two 89 day terms at the main PO to sort mail starting with the fall and running thru Christmas and New Year. Reason is is called 89 days is you cannot work past that due to union policies or you would be considered full time. You get a day or two off between the two sessions. I worked that back in the late 70s so you work half a year making big dollars a lot of hours. You could be putting in 7 days 12 hours during the holiday seasons. You cannot miss any time or you could be fired. I worked 6 months, got unemployed for 6 months and hired again at the end of the 6 month unemployment. You basically have to apply at the main post office, ask if they still hire seasonal 89 day workers. Good luck.
UPS has a similar program.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]