Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Good news. It is always good to get to a bunch of Chowds before lunch on a drinking holiday. :I chortle audibly.:

Seriously, wishing you nothing but the best.
Because I'm not aware of the term, I Googled it... I'm sure the Urban Dictionary definition is not your intended meaning.

Good Luck ATrain- If I weren't tied down to the area so much MA would be a place I'd like to check out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Second week in the field for my job. Oh....I got jokes.....and by this time next year I could be a big fan of the ACA lol
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Where are my Boston guys on the board when I need them? Chowds is short for chowderheads.
By NG33
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Where are my Boston guys on the board when I need them? Chowds is short for chowderheads.
To be honest I've never heard that term used for chowderheads, and I've lived in the Boston area my whole life.

Also... No one says chowderheads any more here haha
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
NG33 wrote:To be honest I've never heard that term used for chowderheads, and I've lived in the Boston area my whole life.

Also... No one says chowderheads any more here haha
no no you must be mistaken.

cause the guy from Ohio who likes to think he's from Texas knows this stuff and if he says it, it must be true.

so there's that.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I stand corrected on the current terminology. As I type this from Portland, Maine the locals here suggest the chowderheads/chowds description is a bit of a term of derision that has fallen out of favor. Thanks for hte clarification, NG33.
By NG33
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I stand corrected on the current terminology. As I type this from Portland, Maine the locals here suggest the chowderheads/chowds description is a bit of a term of derision that has fallen out of favor. Thanks for hte clarification, NG33.
It's all good haha It's just become one of those terms that only tourists/non-locals use, like Beantown.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I think it went well. Done all I can do now, just gotta sit back, be patient and pray.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Praying for you ATrain...we both are in the same boat at this point. Make sure to send a thank you note tonight or tomorrow to each of the people that were in the interview.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
My supervisor said they called and that it was positive...so I'm hopeful
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:I accepted the offer yesterday. We're moving to Boston.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out :lol:
By NG33
Registration Days Posts
Congrats ATrain! You're moving here at the right time weather-wise haha
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Thank you everyone, we are moving up there in mid-July. Now pray for my husband to be granted a transfer as well. Although in my resignation letter, I did include that I was happy to be moving to a Commonwealth that'll recognize my marriage.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:I accepted the offer yesterday. We're moving to Boston.
Good for you! I'd love to be able to spend time there- have to settle for my cousin's in Nantucket.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Well I turned down Denver...but Dallas has offered without even an interview. The cost of living is SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper in Dallas and the weather is FAR nicer, plus Dave would have some better job opportunities there...need prayer tonight.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:Well I turned down Denver...but Dallas has offered without even an interview. The cost of living is SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper in Dallas and the weather is FAR nicer, plus Dave would have some better job opportunities there...need prayer tonight.
So Boston is out? I'd take Dallas every day of the week
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Texas cost of living is nearly always cheaper even before you factor in no state income taxes.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]