Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I just love reading this kinda stuff and learning how much better of a Christian some people are than everyone else.

good to know :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:I just love reading this kinda stuff and learning how much better of a Christian some people are than everyone else.

Considering how bad of a Christian you and I are its nice not to have to worry about it!
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:I just love reading this kinda stuff and learning how much better of a Christian some people are than everyone else.

I don't see how that's what you get out of this conversation. Do you think that's what accountability is, just proving you're superiority over someone else?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:

I don't see how that's what you get out of this conversation. Do you think that's what accountability is, just proving you're superiority over someone else?
No, but you can and have come across as arrogant
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
okay, but this is a message board, so tone and intent get easily misinterpreted. you can't always control perception with written responses. But that's how medic always boils these types of conversations down to.

Then again, it's pretty common to equate belief/confidence in absolutes with arrogance. I call it conviction. It's the age we live in.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I tend to look at in through the lenses that we are all messed up and if I only listened to people who weren't messed up, I'd be listening to nobody. I feel we can learn from people over the entire realm of Christian beliefs, even if I disagree with parts of what they're doing. It doesn't mean I agree with them on everything, but I think people can have faults and still be worth listening to.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I think it's a given that nobody's perfect. I don't think that's an issue and is honestly just a distraction from the main issue. With Furtick it's egregious, consistently so. We're not on the lookout for the perfect person, but why is he even an option?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:I tend to look at in through the lenses that we are all messed up and if I only listened to people who weren't messed up, I'd be listening to nobody. I feel we can learn from people over the entire realm of Christian beliefs, even if I disagree with parts of what they're doing. It doesn't mean I agree with them on everything, but I think people can have faults and still be worth listening to.
But Liberty isn't bringing this guy in with a disclaimer saying they don't agree with how he approaches church leadership, but he has some good things to say about x, y and z. They have always been about getting big names, and I don't blame them, but I am not always going to agree with everything.

I do see where you guys are coming from, but I just can't agree completely in this instance. Christians are viewed differently than non-Christians. I am not going to expect Donald Trump to bring sound doctrine when he comes to talk to students at convo. I do expect that out of Church leaders that are brought in.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote: Then again, it's pretty common to equate belief/confidence in absolutes with arrogance. I call it conviction. It's the age we live in.

+1

And Jon I agree with you. However, too many Christian sheep are not as discerning as you and will believe everything a man says when they agree with the first few words out of their mouth. They forget to hold every word the speaker says up against scripture and that is how so many can be led astray by a dynamic speaker. Does that mean LU should keep guys like this from speaking there? I don't know. Hopefully though they will remind students to know God's word well enough to be discerning.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]