Our Christian foundation is what makes our university unique. This is the place to bring prayer requests, discuss theological issues and how to become better Champions for Christ.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
Hey everyone, I'd like to request you guys keep me in your thoughts and prayers concerning my job hunt. I'm currently employed (Thank God) but am trying to find better employment for myself and wife. I've been applying for a couple of months now and haven't heard a peep out of anything and that is becoming quite frustrating to the point that I am expanding my search outside of the Triangle. Some prayer from you guys would be much appreciated for me!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bluedevilflame wrote:Hey everyone, I'd like to request you guys keep me in your thoughts and prayers concerning my job hunt. I'm currently employed (Thank God) but am trying to find better employment for myself and wife. I've been applying for a couple of months now and haven't heard a peep out of anything and that is becoming quite frustrating to the point that I am expanding my search outside of the Triangle. Some prayer from you guys would be much appreciated for me!
Been there don'e that. Prayers for you.
As a side note, if you haven't already, update your LinkedIn profile. I thought it was stupid but my cousin is a big dollar head hunter and she told me it was key. I had probably 1/2 dozen calls because of that. In fact landed my current gig thru it.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I never update my LinkedIn, but I had a headhunter call me once out of the blue, and I'm convinced that's where they found me. It's just such an annoying site that could be done so much better.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Be careful of what you post on social media, whether Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. Im sure there are quite many cautionary tales from people who lost out on job offers or were dismissed from their jobs due to pictures or statements posted on their sites.

In other news, I got offered a job today after spending the last two months searching and I start on August 5th.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
B.J sometimes it's a really good idea to just read a post, say a prayer...hell even take a vitamin and just not comment. Good luck on your new job at O'Charley's. Glad to see you were able to find something. Devil. I live in Raleigh, what type of job are you looking for?
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the prayers they are appreciated, still no bites but I'm hoping something soon!

givemethemic, I'll PM you
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]